Physics: What are your thoughts on life in the 4th,5th,and higher dimensions?

by EndofMysteries 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Viviane
    Viviane

Prologos, please stop making claims about science until you get a better education in it. Galaxies we see are not really smaller because of stretched out light or spacetime.

• prologos
    prologos

vivian I suggest that you stop using the imperative, it is unbecoming of someone with so little grasp of well established ideas expressed in terms unfamiliar to you.

Where did I say galaxies are looking smaller? all I am suggesting is that while the big bang is supposed to have benn plank-small, now it is all around us, at the horizon, 13.8 billion light years away judging by what comes into our sensors in NJ, Cobe, GW swirls .

That should be interesting to contemplate, a long time ago we were inside the Big Bang,(how else would we have got here?), now it is at the fringes of the universe. after going through time for billions of years. we are looking at our very close neighbours past.

• Viviane
    Viviane

No one used an imperitive. Grammar is also not your strong point, apparently. If you are going to be wrong AND accuse me of something, you need to be right about one or the other. So far, you are wrong about both.

Clearly you don't get physics. Galaxies we see that are billions of years old don't look bigger than they are due to light stretching. If you actually understood the implications of thinking that, the reasons why it's ridiculous would be immediately apparent.

I fully expect that you will, as you have done on every other thread I have encountered you, continue to assert wrong facts, bad science, attempt to claim you are right by saying no one else gets it and eventually quit posting in the thread after repeatedly being asked for evidence of your claims and providing none.

• prologos
    prologos

galaxies? where did I say galaxies? and just because you used "please" does not make the "stop" less of an imperative or order.

BSW: look at your clock/watch and see how you travel and at what rate through time.

help us all learn by correcting each "wrong fact" ?, one at a time.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Yes. Galaxies. You didn't even realize you were talking about them when you mentioned things at great distance, at the fringes looking all stretched out and being the smallest. The oldest galaxy observed is 13.1 billion years old, formed 700 millions years after the Big Bang. Since you mentioned things at the fringes of time being smaller and that galaxy is at the fringe, you didn't realize you were talking about it.

This is why I say you don't realize what you are saying. You continually say things that are flat out wrong and refuse to put the work in the learn the basics about the things you talk about. Don't misunderstand, I would LOVE for you and I to have a conversation about the nature of the universe, but that can't happen until you have a basic grasp of the things you are talking about.

For instance, why do you claim things at the fringes appear stretched out yet are the smallest? What science, observation or math leads to you to say that in contradiction of the all of the known physics of the universe?

• Viviane
    Viviane

and just because you used "please" does not make the "stop" less of an imperative or order.

Since you edited after I posted, I'll update in a new post.

Just because you felt put upon doesn't make it an order. Get over your hurt feelings if you want to have an adult discussion. I'm not going to treat you like my 7 year old neice in a conversation.

BSW: look at your clock/watch and see how you travel and at what rate through time.

No idea who BSW is, but looking at a watch will only tell you that you are traveling at the normal rate due to locality of frame of reference, unless you are extremely close to a black hole, in which case time could be passing at an appreciably different rate for your head and hand, in which case you would also be dead and not able to observe it. That's what I mean by understanding the physics you discuss.

help us all learn by correcting each "wrong fact" ?, one at a time.

Been doing that all along, go re-read my posts if you missed anything. And, BTW, you haven't posted "wrong facts", just errors.

That should be interesting to contemplate, a long time ago we were inside the Big Bang,(how else would we have got here?),

We are still inside it. When would we have escaped?

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Chill out. Read Steven Hawkings, A brief History of Time.

You Atheists take yourselves way too seriously.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Not at all. First, that is a great book, I read it when I was 19. It's also 25 years out of date. If you think spreading misinformation is cool, then you should go back to leeching and medicine from 100 years ago.

If you like modern medicine and hope for future improvements, then you are on my side.

Knowledge and science vs. ignorance and woo. Pick a side.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

"You atheists..." ??

i'm getting tired of this cheap, lazy, ignorant labeling. You think because we add one more god to the list than you, that we don't believe in, you think that makes us that different?

Grow up.

Any phrase, term, sentence... where more than one person is reffered to as 'x' is a huge big sign witn 'ignorant' written on it, pointing at the person spewing it.

• prologos
    prologos

vivian, just as an observation, you come across like a pathological nay-sayer. please try to couch your observation in positive terms, with real substance so we readers can all learn, be uplifted.

this is about higher and lower dimension, how we detect them. then about life.

talking about low life, like leaches, did you know that they are still, or again,- used by some practitioners to aid in blood circulation restoration?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit