Physics: What are your thoughts on life in the 4th,5th,and higher dimensions?

by EndofMysteries 81 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

No EoM it doesn't....

one is a dubious internet newspaper famous for ufo stories, the second is a theoretical physics idea based on another theoretical physics idea.

Do you even know what a brane is, as mentioned in the paper? Put it thid way I have mentioned them here on this forum several times because it is an explination for the big bang, without a god. Brane's negate the need of a prime mover in the big bang. A brane (dimensional plane ) interacting with another brane, is theorised to possibly cause the big bang.

So WTF are you doing adding a link to such a paper? Is it JUST because it mentions dimensions? Brane theory was born out of explaining the birth of OUR universe, without a god. You are shooting yourself in the foot!

Brane is short for membrane, did you know that? The theory you have now added, is one where, imagine several pieces of A4 paper stood up on their ends, a centimetre apart. The theory states that these pages, or membranes represent different dimensions. The theory says, if one was to somehow touch another, i.e. One piece of paper touch the next one nearby, then a reaction could occur, in the brane theory this reaction is the big bang. So again, what the hell are you quoting that for?

Are you just googling 'dimension' and pasting links to what you think backs you up? Because that just failed spectacularly.

Dimensions are real, we believe we can account for at least 11 ( some say 10) using maths and string theory. Brane theory is nothing but an idea someone had with some supporting math, that by the way has nothing to do with what you said.

Get out of the deep end of the pool EoM, grab the life ring and kick your feet to safety Buddy :D x

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I don't recall saying in this thread that higher dimensions mean God created our universe. What I said is that if there are living beings of the higher dimensions they would have the characteristics of what has been described as spirit creatures.

You just admitted there may be up to 10 or 11 dimensions. Can humans see past the 3rd dimension? My point is that higher dimensional life would be invisible to us.

If you can't understand that, get back to me after you read some basic books on the subject.

• jgnat
    jgnat

EOM, how about a two-dimensional being? Could they see us? In a sense, they would. Do some reading and get back to me.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

A dissapointing answer, I expected more. I am no Krauss or Newton, but come on EoM, I know a little about physics....don't make this all cringeworthy and embarassing. I have distinctions in physics and math. Not that it matters a shit, but there is no substitute for learning a speciality such as quantum physics, there is no short cut. You will end up in a huge tangle.

I get the impression, dimensions are a new thing to you. I am glad to hear people here are more and more excited with science, don't get me wrong. But High-school kids know there are many dimensions EoM, according to THEORETICAL physics and math. BUT...that is all we can say right now. I knew this at the start of this thread EoM, IT WASN't news to me. Here, check me discussing it only 5 months ago.....

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/262564/8/Musings-about-different-types-of-atheist#.UzCTSScgGSM

We can't make any claims about these dimensions beyond they theoretically exist.

So how you introduce beings and specifically spirit creatures?.......only you know.

There is no evidence and you have presented none. I wouldn't give a monkey's ass only you titled the thread 'Physics:.....' and wrongly said in your OP that your woo was scientific.

This is how bad information, junk knowledge, pseudo science prevails. It isn't healthy or helpful!

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Snare - the 'big bang' is a theoretical as well yet many claims are made. The 4th dimensional star/black hole as well.

How do I introduce beings and spirit creatures?

It's been said by many of the athiests here that even if the chances are 1 in a trillion or infinite of life spontaneously appearing, the universe is so vast that we are the 1 in a trillion+ chance, it would have happened no matter what. So with that exact reasoning, if our whole universe came from a 4th dimensional star in a 4th dimensional universe, and if there even up to 10 or 11 dimensions, then even if there is 1 in a trillion+ chances of lifeforms of those dimensions then it has to happen as well. If it makes perfect sense in our situation then it should make perfect sense in that situation or that's the pot calling the kettle black.

• prologos
    prologos

jgnat picking up your '-seeing out of 2 dimensions-' or one: I do not think so, because

all communication is WITHIN that string or sheet of zero thickness. but

If the sheet is convex and also EXPANDING (like our space) things get interesting, because

messages, info is send into the future, like a tangent, but always received out of the past.

The 3 dimensional beings (if any) could look in, but ringlanders or flatlanders could not see out, but

could sense that there is at least one other non-euclid dimension. because of

1) curvature of their dimension and

2) movement in another direction (time), normal (at right angle)* to their conventional one-two-dimensional movement

I would love to be corrected on this model's conclusions.

* in all the graphs, time is always shown at an axis perpendicular to the spatial movement. unless you want to show a slant.

• jgnat
  • prologos
    prologos

these scetches, (and I wish I could reciprocate) show the ringland rising through time and being observed from the OUTSIDE. the question I believe was about looking OUT not IN.

seeing the whole sequence from the top would represent a oscillating ringlanduniverse first expanding than coming to a big crunch at the bottom.

In my model above I thought more of an expanding ballon membrane (BRANE) above. where time movement is not a rising of the balloon, but a movement in a radius from the inside to the out in ALL directions.

• snare&racket
  • prologos
    prologos

sorry about the BRANE comment. we are off subject, because the op was about HIGHER dimensions, and the last 3 posts touched the Lower dimensions.

lower anyway.

S&R dig in and thinging in the expanding balloon analogy (not the raisins on the rising bread alone) deal with it point by point,

The beginning, the rdius, the tangent.

thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit