GB's letter regarding UN membership - How Do You Prove Them Wrong?

by will-be-apostate 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Phizzy, they didn't even claim it happened.

They want the reader to arrive at that conclusion without them having to make the claim (because it would be a lie), and without providing evidence for it (because there isn't any). They have pulled out one of their favorite tricks of not lying, but not telling the truth, worded in a way to fool the reader into believing something the author doesn't believe himself and never actually said.

• Rufus T. Firefly
    Rufus T. Firefly

HOW DO YOU PROVE THEM WRONG? SIMPLE!

PLEASE SEE THE ARTICLE "Their Refuge—A Lie!" IN THE JUNE 1, 1991, WATCHTOWER, PAYING SPECIAL ATTENTION TO PARAGRAPHS 1, 10 & 11.

PARAGRAPH 1 CALLS CHRISTENDOM "that apostate religious organization." WHY APOSTATE?

PARAGRAPH 10 ASSERTS THAT "she insinuates herself into the favor of the political leaders of the nations—this despite the Bible’s warning that friendship with the world is enmity with God." TO SUPPORT THAT ASSERTION, PARAGRAPH 11 QUOTES AN UNNAMED “recent book” WHICH REPORTS THAT “no less than twenty-four Catholic organizations are represented at the UN." HOW WERE SUCH ORGANIZATIONS REPRESENTED AT THE UN?

THE UNNAMED BOOK QUOTED IN PARAGRAPH 11 IS "NEW GENESIS" BY ROBERT MULLER. (See attachment 1.) THE SENTENCE IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE PORTION QUOTED BY THE WATCHTOWER STATES: "All major world religions are accredited to the United Nations as non-governmental organizations." WHY DID THE WATCHTOWER OMIT THAT SIGNIFICANT STATEMENT?

IN THE SAME YEAR AS THAT 1991 WATCHTOWER ARTICLE, THE WATCH TOWER SOCIETY ALSO BECAME ACCREDITED TO THE UN AS A NON-GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATION, AND SERVED ESSENTIALLY AS PUBLICITY AGENTS FOR THE UN FOR THE NEXT TEN YEARS (RE-APPLYING EACH YEAR FOR ACCREDITATION) UNTIL THE ALLIANCE WAS EXPOSED BY THE GUARDIAN NEWSPAPER IN OCTOBER 2001. (The WTS admits its UN affiliation to its Branch Committee in attachment 2.)

NOTICE THAT THE WTS’ LETTER TO ITS BRANCH COMMITTEE REFERS TO THE GUARDIAN ARTICLE AS "published allegations by opposers," YET LATER STATES, "We are grateful that this matter was brought to our attention." NO MENTION IS MADE OF THE JUNE, 1, 1991, WATCHTOWER ARTICLE.

ACCORDING TO A PUBLIC STATEMENT ISSUED BY THE UN, NON-GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATIONS REGISTERED WITH THE DEPT. OF PUBLIC INFORMATION HAD TO "share the ideals of the UN Charter" AND "have a demonstrated interest in United Nations issues and a proven ability to reach large or specialized audiences." (See attachment 3.)

WHAT IS THE OFFICIAL WATCHTOWER POLICY REGARDING INDIVIDUAL JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES WHO DO WHAT THEIR ORGANIZATION DID?

“A person might renounce his place in the Christian congregation by his actions, such as by becoming part of an organization whose objective is contrary to the Bible, and, hence, is under judgment by Jehovah God. So if one who was a Christian chose to join those who are disapproved of God, it would be fitting for the congregation to acknowledge by a brief announcement that he had disassociated himself and is no longer one of Jehovah’s Witnesses.” (Sept. 15, 1981, Watchtower, p. 23, par. 15)

“In joining the YMCA as a member a person accepts or endorses the general objectives and principles of the organization. . . Hence, for one of Jehovah’s Witnesses to become a member of such a so-called “Christian” association would amount to apostasy.” (Jan. 1, 1979, Watchtower, p. 31)

ACCORDING TO THE STANDARD BY WHICH IT JUDGED CHRISTENDOM TO BE APOSTATE, SHOULD THE WATCH TOWER SOCIETY LIKEWISE BE VIEWED AS AN APOSTATE RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATION?

• LogCon
    LogCon

Regarding this reply letter, to Brant Jones, from the Society.

I think a follow-up letter would be in order. It could be worded this way.....

Dear Brothers,

Thank-you for clearing up this matter for me. I feel I must apologize to you at this time. I did not intend for my letter to disappoint you or sadden you. It may have seemed to you that I was writing with a tone of criticism. For that I am sorry.

I'm sure we both agree that Jehovah's image should not be stained by any hint of our compromising, in any way, with any worldy organization. It was this zeal to maintain Jehovah's clean image that motivated my letter. I felt, in my inward parts, as the Psalmist [Ps 69:9] ...for the zeal of your house has eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached you are fallen upon me... Your letter has given me an inner peace and for that I thank you.

The United Nations has been thoroughly exposed, by Jehovah's earthly organization, by his word and by abundent evidence, as an instrument of Satan the Devil. I have always been so thankful for the organization making this clear in the printed literature that they lovingly prepare for us. These are your loving hands. I clearly misunderstood the reason for the Society becaming an official NGO.

Now that I fully understand the real reason, namely, to access the United Nations library, I just have one small request. Being as there was unique information stored in this library, could you kindly forward to me each and every item that was found in this library that could not be found in any other library to which you have access. Your positive response to this request will help greatly to put my concerns finally to rest.

Thanking you in advance,

I remain your loving brother,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit