GB's letter regarding UN membership - How Do You Prove Them Wrong?

by will-be-apostate 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

I was reading Brant Jones' experience (published on jwfacts.com). I read both letters: the one he wrote to the GB and the one he recieved from them. Link: http://jwfacts.com/watchtower/experiences/brantjonesunresponse.pdf

In my mind, while reading the GB letter, I was trying to disprove them, their whole reasoning and point. I must say I'm dissapointed by myself as I realized I couldn't reason against them.

What could I say if I presented the facts about WTS's UN membership to a jw, and he'd in the same way the GB responded to Brant?

How would you respond to their letter?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

To me it's a classic case of "it's not the point it's the principle".

They are so quick to judge everyone else it is a bit rich to claim "we only joined to get library priviledges".

Would you go to strip club to learn anatomy? (not that there's anything wrong with that if that's your thing).

The point is they are big fat hypocrites.

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

Would it be acceptable for a JW to join the Catholic Church, just to have access to some of the extensive services some of Catholic institutions provide? the answer is clearly NO.

So no excuse is really good enough in this case. If it is acceptable for the organization to join the UN, any JW can join any other religion as well.

And interestingly, just to prove that the organization indeed prostituted itself, and completely guilty as charged, can be revealed by doing a search in the WTLIB CD-ROM on the words "United Nations", and comparing the results between '92 and 2001 with any other similar period. it is striking how many 'positive' articles about the UN during the period 92-2001, and this almost completely stopped from 2002 onwards.

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

• How about...THEY KEPT IT A SECRET FROM MOST JWs?

Watchtower Magazine,January 1st, 1979, page 31

"In joining the YMCA as a member a person accepts or endorses the general objectives and principles of the organization. He is not simply paying for something he receives, such as when buying things being sold to the public at a store. (Compare 1 Corinthians 8:10; 10:25). Nor is his membership merely an entry pass, as when a person buys a theater ticket. Membership means that one has become an integral part of this organization founded with definite religious objectives, including the promotion of interfaith. Hence, for one of Jehovah's Witnesses to become a member of such a so-called "Christian" association would amount to apostasy."

• Joining the UN would at least be equal to the YMCA...in what not to do.

SW

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

Wow, thanks to all of you. Very good and clear points. I'm kinda shocked by that quote from the WT, hipocrisy indeed.

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

The evil of the UN was pounded into the minds of Jehovah's Witnesses meeting after meeting after meeting; as the very tool of Satan the Devil...In the November 15, 1963 Watchtower, a resolution was written stating, in part "...To date 111 nations have given worship to this political image by becoming members of it. However, we, as witnesses of the Sovereign God Jehovah, will continue refusing to engage in such idolatrous worship..."

• Joining for any reason then would be as stated above in the WT Nov. 15, 1963 as "to engage in such idolatrous worship..."

SW

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored or hidden!

SW

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

I only joined the YMCA for the fitness equipment.

Try that one and see how it flys.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

The WT's alleged ignorance in becoming an NGO with the UN is irrelevant for one simple reason: after disassociating itself from the UN, the WT immediately joined the OSCE as an NGO. The OSCE is a sister military-political organization that has the same objectives and structure as the UN; in fact, they are viewed as one and the same.

So, how is it that WT makes the same exact "mistake" again but still claims innocence? They know exactly what they are doing:

"With States from Europe, Central Asia and North America, the OSCE is the world's largest regional security organization. It offers a forum for political negotiations and decision-making in the fields of early warning, conflict prevention, crisis management and post-conflict rehabilitation, and puts the political will of its participating States into practice through its unique network of field missions.

"The OSCE has a comprehensive approach to security that encompasses politico-military, economic and environmental, and human aspects." (osce.org/who 6th Oct 2012)

The OSCE is closely aligned with the United Nations.

The OSCE recognizes that the United Nations Security Council bears primary responsibility for the maintenance of international peace and security. Thus, the United Nations is the OSCE's primary partner organization. (osce.org/ec/43240)

*** w81 9/15 p. 23 par. 15 Disfellowshiping — How to View It ***

"Or, a person might renounce his place in the Christian congregation by his actions, such as by becoming part of an organization whose objective is contrary to the Bible, and, hence, is under judgment by Jehovah God. (Compare Revelation 19:17-21; Isaiah 2:4.) So if one who was a Christian chose to join those who are disapproved of God, it would be fitting for the congregation to acknowledge by a brief announcement that he had disassociated himself and is no longer one of Jehovah’s Witnesses."

Watchtower 15 Sep 1984 p.15

"No, the UN is not a blessing, even though the religious clergy of Christendom and the rabbis of Jewry pray heaven’s blessing upon that organization. It is really "the image of the wild beast," the visible political, commercial organization of "the god of this system of things," Satan the Devil. So the UN will soon be destroyed along with that beastly organization."

Proof of NGO Status: (scroll down to Non-Govermental Organizations)

http://www.osce.org/odihr/38006 No's 2, 42, 79

from 2010 http://www.osce.org/home/72039 (no.2 on the list)

Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe

2010 OSCE REVIEW CONFERENCE

WARSAW PART

30 September – 8 October 2010

FINAL LIST OF NGOs

(no.2 on Alphabetical List of NGO's)

ADMINISTRATIVE CENTER OF JEHOVA'S WITNESSES IN

RUSSIA

(page 9 of NGO list)

EUROPEAN ASSOCIATION OF JEHOVA'S CHRISTIAN

WITNESSES

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Thank you, ADCMS, love getting the facts. Hope to work this into conversations with certain ones...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit