GB's letter regarding UN membership - How Do You Prove Them Wrong?

by will-be-apostate 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BU2B
    BU2B

This is an all-time great thread and should be in a "best of" catergory. Marking! And special thanks to ADCMS, with the fantastic posts showing their clear hypocricy! Also to will-be-apostate for his link to the UN letter on the UN website

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Yes great thread.

I hope it's okay to add the link below to another thread on a similar topic. It contains some other links to more recent WTBTS NGO activities.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/273124/1/Because-they-are-getting-paid-for-it

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

The whole tone of the "Letter" is a thinly veiled threat.

Like the Mafia boss who kisses you on the cheek and inquires

about your wife and chidren and reminds you, you don't want harm

coming to them, do you ? The first thing they do is put Brant Jones

on the defensive, they make him "the problem", this is Classic predator behavior !!

"How could you accuse us of dishonesty" (feigning hurt feelings

but cloaked in an accusation) Masterful manipulation. Is Brant denying

poor people help from the UN ? Shame on you Brant, the GB scolds.

Shame,shame, they are good and you are bad. The UN? Us ?

No its all completey innocent. Its like catching a child with his hand

in the cookie jar and he looks up,Hand? What hand?

No I dropped my homework in there.

You coud take any action they choose to do, and substitute,

any subject, it will be handled in the same tone. Example: you

discover they are now celebrating Birthdays at Bethel, the response

would be reasoned out in the exact same fashion. What? How could you

accuse us of hypocracy ? Where in the Bible does it say not to eat cake ?

Is eating cake wrong ? It happens we eat cake when someone changes their

age as they are apt to do annually, this is not a birthday, how could you accuse

us of such a thing and after all don't we have the right to eat and drink on any day?

Satan is causing you to question us and the organization, remember the organization.

They same double talk was employed when they were tired of being sued because

people were dying refusing blood transfusions, so they twiddled around and came up

with some convoluted "permission" to take blood fractions. Its not blood it is fractions

of blood which is not taking blood is it ? Just like eating pork rind is not eating pork

right ? Because its not the whole pig. Just the rind. And all the little children

were so happy that now they didn't have to die because the Governing Body was protecting them.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`m absolutely Amazed..

Anyone would think the WBT$ Association with the UN..

Could be Defended..

...................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Open mind
    Open mind

Marked.

om

• Paralipomenon
  • will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

Thank you BU2B and the others for your kind words. I'm happy that finally I can contribute to the community, but it's you guys who have a lot of experience and an amazing way of reasoning and logic that always makes me drop my jaws and ask myself: "why didn't I think of that one?".

Two of my friends have already asked me about the letter (I've posted it on facebook) and I'm sure others have noticed it to. I told them what was the letter about and that it's their business to draw conclusions, as for myself it makes me think. I hope they start thinking. :)

Also, Paralipomenon: your post is priceless, thank you for sharing that letter. KiddingMe: Sure it's okey. The whole reason of this thread is to provide all the possible ways and sources to disprove the WTS' respond to Brant and prepare for eventually debate with jws on this matter.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

So .... going by Dana's view, the WT researchers would only be denied access if they didn't pass inspection by UN Security.

How often did that happen?

Did it ever happen?

Where is it documented?

Is there any evidence that any WT journalist was ever denied access to any of the contents of the UN library for any reason, prior to the church's applying for membership?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

the last paragraph of the letter from bethel contained such a leading and distorted veiled threat..

"come back to the loving congregation" or words to that effect..

hahaha

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Black Sheep, they claim that it happened, so "evidently"* it did !

"Evidently" in the WT usage and meaning of the word, i.e "we have no evidence".

What is so revealing is to put together all the letters on this issue from the W.T. There is one where they tell the Elders how to lie about it, i.e to say they needed a library card, and NGO membership was the only way.

When this is proved false, by the above letter, from Dana Loytved, they then resort to saying that an incident, which cannot be checked, occurred where they were denied access.

Where is the correspondence between the WT complaining about denied access, and the letter back from the U.N sayng "you will have to become a NGO " ???

If such letters passed between them they would quote them, they cannot because they do not exist.

"Lovers of truth" my arse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit