Will firing the DOs be the first step to a new Watchtower?

by Juan Viejo2 107 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

A good summary Earnest ! I believe too that being even more mysogynistic than in the past is a mistake they probably will not make, but do not underestimate how thick they really are!

The GB have always been reactive, the problem for them now is that things move so fast, with the Internet and Social Media, that they cannot make it look as though they are proactive,as they used to do in the past.

It is now patently obvious that they are shooting at a moving target, and their shots are landing way back where the target used to be.

An anachronistic 19th century religion, led by techno-phobic guys from the middle of the 20th century, is ill-suited to deal with what the 21st century throws at them.

• bennyk
    bennyk

Bah. Sometimes the Watch Tower Society is so predictable:

posted 6 years ago(7/20/2007)
    276 of 633 Joined 2/15/2005
    Watch for the appearance of a sub heavenly class.

Maybe, Gary. But my guess is the Society will soon be receiving "New (and improved) Light" indicating that the number 144 000 is not to be taken as literal. That way they can keep the two-class/two-destiny system without worrying about the non-declining number of Partakers. The number 144 000 was conspicuous by its absence in the 01. May 2007 QfR. And an increase in the number of partakers won't threaten the current power structure because the Governing Body has already declared that the "genuine" (non-GB) anointed willingly serve under the direction of the Governing Body, have no special insight, and may even be 'spiritually weak.'

• Londo111
    Londo111

marked

• Calebs Airplane
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Thanks Juan to you & your source , I think the GB will take advantage of the 100 year anniversary to make the change with the 144000 doctrine , and also increasing their number to 12 members.It wouldnt surprise me in the least.I agree with him about the magazines becoming one also.

Thanks for posting

smiddy

• cult classic
    cult classic

Why are rumors and speculation about what teaching Watchtower will flip next exciting?

I don't get it. It's what they've always done.

• bobld
    bobld

I don't have the mag on hand but did they not send out smoke signals in the latest mags about carrying for the older ones,medical issues etc.To get them ready for the royal boot.They sure know how to twist the r&f around their little dinky.I do not feel sorry for the d.o. getting the boot because they sure caused a lot of headaches to a lot of people that did not deserve it.They could of been manly enough and said no,this is not right how to treat people.

• watson
    watson

Look for this phrase appearing soon:

"Reasonably, it would appear that...."

• LogCon
    LogCon

m

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Let me add to The speculation a bit:

Many of us have been following The recent global trend for consolidation within The WTS. The obvious question has been: Where is All The money going into?

Well, I think The OP may hint towards a possible answer: The GB is trying to put in motion a global downsizing of the staff under their direct care / payroll. There will be dozens of thousands of 'full time ministers' - Bethel Workers, Circuit And District Overseers, Special Pioneers, Missionaries - people who gave up their careers And education to serve the advance of the 'Kingdom Interests' (read: Watchtower's Interests) and now find themselves among The surplus about to be discarded by The Society. Most among these have no hope of finding a paying job, much less a carreer. They're too old for the labor market, And they still have some lenght of life to live. If the Watchtower Society would simply kick them to the curb, the outrage outcry And bad press would be enormous. What to do?

I believe The WTS has quietly been building a private fund to (as cheaply as possibly) compensate the dismissal from duty from those many thousands of redundant full time ministers. In some cases, that means acting much like a private pension fund that will provide them with a lifetime pension whenever The state / family / congregation will not provide. Surely it will be called a "loving provision from Jehovah". I'm not even surprised if at some point the remaining "full time ministers" will be regular employees of The WTS, entitled to a private pension fund provided by The Society. Perhaps in time there will be a full-time, PAID, congregational servant / overseer.

Consolitating The public editions of Watchtower And Awake magazines into one single monthly edition with a new name makes every sense from a rebranding point of view. Will we be seeing JW.ORG Magazine edited soon ?

Also, expanding The GB to 12 members will make The decision-making process quicker, because it's easier to get 2/3 (8-4) votes to unlock a decision, that to get around a 6-2 voting as it currently stands; i.e. Currently a minority of 3 can block a majority of 5; with a GB of 12 it would take a minority of 5 to block a majority of 7.

Eden

(Sorry for The poor formatting. My new Ipad is working against me)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit