Will firing the DOs be the first step to a new Watchtower?

by Juan Viejo2 107 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cult classic
    cult classic

....or just recognize they will do what they want and take a break from analyzing and hanging on their words. I know some of you won't listen, but really folks- go enjoy your life and wait until they explain it. Finding out days or months ahead of the average dub or figuring out how it isn't quite scriptural is really not that important.

Sounds like a good plan to me

No matter what, It's a cult and deserves to be treated as such.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Sending the old DOs out to the desert with a trailer to die??? Wow, just wow. I really hope a few of them end up here posting more dirt on Mama.

As far as their magazine proposals, it really shows how there is no real brain power up there. They think that if they simply "repackage" it under a new name and better writing that the public will respond? Idiots.

• sir82
    sir82

I´ll bet that a few of the members of the GB is looking on this thread right now,

Well, not personally.

But I'd bet a large sum that they have hired "worldly" lackeys to do it for them and summarize what they see.

Hey, lackeys, make sure to tell them that there are thousands of us out there, in "positions of trust", just biding our time.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I will laugh my a** off if they make the 144,000 symbolic. I wonder if the "never before in theocracy.." announcement will be that they are adding 5 new GB members at once? Ol' Guy new that he was dying for some time. He was personally involved in the interview process of the new GB members. With all the "expansion" and "progression" Jehoober qualified 5 new popes!!

DD

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Interesting but not Surprising..

A lot of us don`t recognise the WBT$ as it is now,from the time we left..It`s a different religion..

For the WBT$ to Transform again,wouldn`t make it any more Alien..Nor any Less Corrupt..

JW`s who have lived through the past WBT$ Transformations..

Will accept these changes as easily as they accepted the last changes..

In a few months JW`s won`t even Remember It Happened..

..........................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Stealth
    Stealth

Like many corporations the WT is getting top heaving caring for the aging group of loyal JWs who have dedicated most of their entire life to the corporation. Many corporations are dumping traditional retirement programs in favor of 401k matching for the same reason. Where I live, the police force is under staffed but they can't hire more because of their financial obligations to retired cops.

Other religions provide retirement homes for the aging / retired clergy.

The Governing Body is really making Jehovah look like a douch bag compared to other religions when it comes to caring for those who sacraficed most of their living years doing their bidding.

Way to go governing douches.

• a watcher
    a watcher

I doubt they'll change the anointed to men only. There were women anointed in the 1rst century. Why wouldn't there be some now?

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

Wow these are big suggested changes that are coming up. I had a feeling this was coming ever since they said to listen to the organization whether it "appears sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not." I'm expecting the 144,000 to change, no way they could excuse the increasing number as being a "mental" problem or something from a previous religious experience. As for cutting off sisters from the anointed, that would be a real blow for them, for any sister that partook. So I don't think they could really pull that off, unless like what was said that it will be ambiguous. These guys are smart to plan changes in small pieces. The average JW will only see this as a minor changes and as time goes on, it adds up to something big that they won't realize the leap it took from the previous teaching. Changes to the 144,000 will shake up some members.

Putting the Watchtower and Awake would be a lot more convenient. It would be as long as the old Watchtowers, about 30 pages. Though it is a break from the history of these magazines, it's always been two. Ironic that the "dumbing down" was brought up since I remember at the annual meeting where the new bible was released, they mentioned how these new magazines were simplified to make it easy for everyone to read, thanking Jehovah for all these changes.

Now it's just time to sit back and see what will happen, what will be accepted and changed, and what will remain the same.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Met,

You've hit the nail on the head

"I see this info as mostly 'think tank' stuff as they try to adapt to an era of their own prophetic failure."

None of us ever expected to be on this side of the system of things in the year 2014. We expected to be in Paradise. Now that we're not, what happens now? What do we have to look forward to?

This "promised presence of his" is further away than ever.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

great post

very credible, very believable

seems to support so much of what us "apostates" have been predicting. Perhaps the WTS is not so clandestine after all.

That point about paying attention to changes that "happen right under your nose".... that is so true! How many times are subtle paragraphs slipped into an article and then left alone for 5 years or more before being dragged out into the light as a footnote to a big new whopper of a WT sudy? Then "wow, I guess we've sort of believed this alread for years!"

thanks for posting, and thanks to your (our) freind on this inside

woj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit