Will firing the DOs be the first step to a new Watchtower?

by Juan Viejo2 107 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cj46
    cj46

Juan Viejo2: Rumors are that the Governing Body will be expanded to 12 to better match the biblical magic number of apostles, tribes of Israel, etc. That will also reset the 'magic number' to 8 needed to get a majority vote to make a doctrinal change. They think that more things will get done and decisions will come quicker than with the current number of GB set at 8. There are a lot of reletavely powerful and influential men at HQ and in the field who are over 60 and want their chance to be appointed to the GB.

There has been a GB with the number 12 in 1992 (From the 1993 Proclaimers Book)Governing Body 1992

The GB doesn't use the 2/3 majority vote for the appointment of its members. They use the unanimous vote:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/285123/1/The-Governing-Body-doesnt-use-the-2-3-majority-vote-right-At-least-not-for-the-appointment-of-its-members

• hoser
    hoser

The 1992 bunch are all dead, that's why were getting a reworking of the religion

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

hoser - "The 1992 bunch are all dead, that's why were getting a reworking of the religion."

Trouble is, the modern world around them is changing too fast for the dieoffs-and-replacements to keep pace with it.

• All for show
    All for show

Marked

• PlatinumFix
    PlatinumFix

Alot from OP's post has been fulfilled.

• sir82
    sir82

Alot from OP's post has been fulfilled.

really? Like what?

'cause I don't see one single thing from the OP that has come true yet.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

really? Like what?

'cause I don't see one single thing from the OP that has come true yet.

Thanks...I was beginning to wonder if my reading comprehension had taken a dive - the only thing in the OP that happened was the firing of the DOs, which was already a done deal at the time of the post. 144k symbolic? nope. New GB members? nope. The only other thing that could be said to have occurred is that there have been changes and hints of changes in the magazines - but that's always the case with this cult.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

If you stick around long enough, you'll see a pattern here on the board. Every now and then a stir is created by people who post news they received from inside sources regarding upcoming changes. Most of the time it turns out to be wishful thinking and hyperbole. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather they pass along the info than not, but readers should to be shrewd enough to take such posts with a large grain of salt.

I don't think it's necessarily malicious. When I was a young ambitious JW a CO shared a confidential inside scoop he'd gotten from his son who was a bethelite in Brooklyn. The society had decided to stop printing deluxe bibles, so I should take advantage and order one or two while I still had the chance. Before long, everybody in the congregation had heard the rumor and it spread quickly. Turns out the society had decided no such thing. Some 10 years passed and they were still printing deluxe bibles. For all I know they're still printing them.

JWs lead a boring monotonous life and any "inside scoop" can quickly morph and take on a life of it's own. Eventually, some of those rumors end up on this board for us to read.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit