Will firing the DOs be the first step to a new Watchtower?

by Juan Viejo2 107 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

Maybe to many DOs were getting uppity and independent.

• ProfCNJ
    ProfCNJ

A few questions:

Is the prunning of the DO level supported by the Bible?

If Christ is the head of the congregation, would he approve such a major organizational shake-up considering that DO's serve for a unique purpose in caring for the flock? See the following link:

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/jehovahs-will/traveling-overseers/

Why it took 100 years (since 1914) for the FDS or the GB to realize this simplification of duties is really necessary, technically displacing the DO's?

• DNCall
    DNCall

In years gone by, the Witnesses used to pride themselves in bucking "worldly trends." It was evidence that they were relying on Jehovah, and Jehovah was blessing and protecting them. This was offered as solid proof that the Witnesses were God's only approved religion. Successfully going counter to the trends of the day, doctrinally, socially and economically, was possible prior to the digital age.

Not so any more.

Those who discern the leadership adjusting to survive in today's world, will realize that God is not blessing and protecting their organization. I think it's safe to say that the inevitable "new Watchtower" will have fewer members.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

One of my friends suggests that "annointed" will become synomous with "appointed." If a brother is "appointed" to the Governing Body, then the logic is that he has automatically been "annointed" by holy spirit and would therefore be considered to be part of the 144K.

Discussion about the "WBT$ & Anointed" on this old thread..

.......................Click the link below..

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchto ... -Annointed

........................................ photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• cha ching
    cha ching

It will be interesting to observe this years "glorious annual meeting"

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Wow, what an interesting thread. I think the symbolicizing of the 144,000 is probably very likely for reasons already given. However, the idea of suddenly yanking the heavenly rug out from under the feet of all those poor old sisters is staggering. I can't see it happening, honestly--it would be so clearly an aboutface without any kind of scriptural basis (okay, okay, I know lack of scriptural basis hasn't stopped them before, but still). In a way, I almost hope they do, because it would be such a blatant act of partriarchal bigotry and discrimination, even more so than all the stupid rules limiting women's roles already, that it might wake more women up to the idiocy of this religion.

Thank you, Juan, for posting this and please say thank you to your source.

• L3G
    L3G

WOW!

Thanks to Juan Viejo2 and Service Dept. anon. chap for sharing this. The size of the thread/no. of responses speaks to this being real news. nowwhat?'s comment is spot on:

this is the most informative post since i came on board a year and half ago.

There's nothing like having inside info. Many of the comments by members are insightful, esp. those of truthseeker, NEJ, and Earnest.

The expansion in the legal and real estate departments is noteworthy. It shows where the current GB's fears (legal) and attentions (real estate) are and will continue to be.

One of the things that has struck me at this forum is how many members there are who go way back, long before many of the other members were active JWs or even were born. Will these soon-to-be-cast-aside older DOs and Bethelites come to the same conclusions that the old-time members here already have?

There is so much here to digest, not just the initial share but the posters' comments too. We have new fodder to ponder. This puts the May 2014 study article, 'Are You Moving Ahead with Jehovah's Organization?' in a new light. No doubt it's prepatory for this forthcoming stuff.

Juan Viejo2: some of this was reported by James Jackson but much more briefly here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/meetups/277238/1/Update-From-a-Friend-in-Brooklyn#.Uy3vKf21x68

He mentioned something you did not, that RBCs are being disbanded. Do you or your source know anything about this?

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

I've heard about RBC being dissolved as well. The brother they will put in charge of the construction in each region will have the clout of a circuit overseer according to sources.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Sources say they will also employ full-time construction "volunteers." Less amateurs to get in the way and screw things up.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I have always suspected that the words anointed and appointed would be co-mingled. This confirms my deep-down suspicions.

Great post and comments. I feel like I am on the inside track to the "stairway to heaven."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit