Avoid Going back to the JW's - Educate Yourself about Mind Control

by flipper 94 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

I've talked with some good friends on the board about this before and we seem to be in agreement : One reason ( among many ) that some disfellowshipped JW's go back and return to the WT organization is because they are full of uneeded guilt or uneeded fear because they haven't educated themselves about HOW the WT society USES mind control tactics to deceive them into thinking they have " nowhere else to go " . I understand that SOME DFed ones may go back to the organization for family and friends- however- it's an exrecise in futility because once you learn the truth about the truth you cannot undo what you heard. So some may just go back and live a fake JW life to appease family- but just think of how that can damage a person's emotional and mental health playing the fake JW game the rest of their lives ! So I'm interested in all of your opinions. What do you think ? Is it easier to move on in life and be real getting out and escaping the mind control- or - do the ends justify the means for some people to fake being a JW just to save pretend JW relationships - whether it be family or " friends " ? As always I look forward to your views - might get a pretty good discussion going. Hope you are all doing well ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hi, Flipper.

My daughter is still in, but I could never return.

I'm not wired to be a hypocrite.

Sylvia

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

"I'm not wired to be a hypocrite"

DITTO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi flipper, I'm glad that you're back. Long time, no read your posts.

Educationing oneself about BITE control techniques is very important. Some governments and religious organizations use some type of BITE control techniques to unduly influence people. I would rather be knowledgeable about BITE control so that I can make more informed choices.

As far as JWs returning to the WTBTS, it must be a very difficult choice. Even knowing about BITE control techniques does not help individuals to overcome the WTBTS induced phobias. It takes a lot of awareness, determination, and emotional support to be totally free of the WTBTS's BITE control. It all comes down to whether a person wants to be free or trapped.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• wasblind
    wasblind

" I'm not wired to be a hypocrite "

TRITTO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 20yearfader
    20yearfader

welcome back flipper and i agree with your advice yesterday a relative of mine called me and went on with the look at the news look at what russia is doing the king of the north,it's time for you to get your life together and for 1 brief second even with all i have found out this year i was almost longing for the company of my family members that go to the hall.

now if i a person that was a born in that hasn't been to a meeting in over 20 years could get momentarly weak what about the ones that recently left,that are missing their conditional friends.I swear with the born in we must have some type of trigger word or words that they implanted doing all those meetings doing the week,maybe i could get some of the old songs from the kingdom hall and play them backwards lol

• TD
    TD
    One reason ( among many ) that some disfellowshipped JW's go back and return to the WT organization is because they are full of uneeded guilt or uneeded fear because they haven't educated themselves about HOW the WT society USES mind control tactics to deceive them into thinking they have " nowhere else to go "

Good observation, Flipper. Even William Schnell tried to go back before he died.

• label licker
    label licker

Hey Flipper, you have a pm

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Flipper: What do you think ? Is it easier to move on in life and be real getting out and escaping the mind control- or - do the ends justify the means for some people to fake being a JW just to save pretend JW relationships

It's always better to be real.

• To thine own self be true. - Shakespeare, Hamlet, Act 1, Scene 3
    • It's so much nicer to have real family and friends that love me for WHO I am and not WHAT I believe; or should I say, "Pretend to love me for WHAT I pretend to believe"?. - 00DAD

Flipper: some disfellowshipped JW's go back and return to the WT organization is because they are full of uneeded guilt or uneeded fear

What does "uneeded" mean???

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

I love my brother!

Yes it is complicated! You end up having a push-pull situation. But once you know about TTATT, you can never go back. So you have to deal with it as best you can. Either temporarily or permanently.

Every situation is different, but I can accomplish quite a few things in the situation I am in. I cannot be overtly apostate, but I can work things as needed.

I guess I am an undercover apostate, but that is okay for now.

zed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit