The Protect the Children Sham

by HildaBingen 123 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Englishman
    Englishman

Accuracy, I agree, HL has a better botty. BTW, that pic is of Charlotte Church, she's a 16 year old Brit opera singer.

Englishman.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

accuracy

some people may think the way you suggested (as to using the pedophile issue for their own agendas), but just talk to barbara pandelo....you may change your mind.

ashi

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

accuracy,

I see where you're coming from, but by painting with such broad strokes, aren't you guilty of the same thing? By focusing on the few extra-bitter ex-JWs who might see this as nothing but an agenda, don't you further the suffering of the victims by minimizing the work that some have done to help them?

Do you honestly think Bill Bowen (and others) was just a disgruntled JW elder, who dreamed up an excuse to criticize the society?

If you think some ex-JWs are focusing on the wrong thing, then you can help by setting an example for them... focus on what's important--the victims, and changing a corrupt policy.

Hmmm

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Oh, the Devil made me do it excuse! The issue is NOT about other people, religion or politcs, it's Jehovahs witnesses and there tolerating pedophiles, disfellowshipping those who are 'concerned' and have brought it to the attention of responsible representatives and not reporting such dastardley conduct to the superior authorities!!!!!!

Enough already with other organizations and their problems! Were not here to solve the problems of 'outside' organizations but supposedly Jehovah's. Are they not bringing shame and untold misery to the (kept in the dark) R&F?

Please stick to the issues of JW's. Stop passing the buck and making smoke screens.

Guest 77

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Dear Englishman

The teacher from Southern Ontario, Canada who flinged herself at those students lives relatively closeby. I'll tell you the press don't think too highly of her here. She actually refused to be interviewed unless you talked to "my agent". She also just received the highest penalty from the Teacher's Federation (whatever it's called) ever! That girl needs a therapist not an agent. But I thought it was ridiculous she'd get the hightest penalty when I've seen molesting male teachers treated with kit gloves!
    From the other London, Canada

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

It seems to me that Satan is awfully busy working WITHIN "God's" organization.

Wow! Satan causes the GB to falsely prophecy. Satan turns good JWs into pedophiles. Satan blinds the minds of elders so that they hide these pedophiles within the organization, while shunning the victims.

Satan also causes the JWs to act just like every other false religion on earth.....amazing!

So, why join this demon-filled group? Looks to me as if Jehovah doesn't have much to say about His organization.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Dearest Sister Hilda,

Let me see if I understand your "reasoning" here...

Essentially, you are saying "Don't chastise the Watchtower Society because some JWs are paedophiles, after all "The World (TM)" worships youth, and JWs are surrounded by this Youth Worshipping culture."

This arguement is spurious and illogical. And even if it made sense -- which it does not -- it still would do *NOTHING* to address the fundamental problem with "The Society (TM)" which you seem to have either missed or deliberately ignored, which I will spell out for you:

The Society (TM) talks a big game about protecting children and punishing molesters, but THEIR SECRET INTERNAL POLOCIES, AND ACTIONS, SPEAK LOUDER than the overt lip-service they give to this issue. Ultimately, the "protect the name of "Jehovah's Organization (TM)"" policy ties the hands of elders who would otherwise do the right thing in cases of molestation.

If SilentLambs were a Catholic, and was crusading against the polocies of "The Church (TM)" I suspect you would be the first one on the Catholic-bashing-bandwagon. And you would dismiss as irrelevant any arguments in defense of the Catholic Church, including the non-sensical defense you have posted in this thread.

===========================
    For interesting Watchtower Society literature quotes, complete with references but without any editorial, check out:
    http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• AlanF
    AlanF

Accuracy, I think you're basically well-motivated, but you're quite wrong on certain points.

: But Hilda has a point. From much of what I have read here, the JW-pedophile issue is agenda-driven and the agenda has little to do with the abused children.

Some may have an "agenda", as you put it. But just what agenda do you think 'some' might have? To destroy the Watchtower by any means?

Don't you think that if some people are so angry with Watchtower that they want to see it destroyed, they have at least some reason for being angry? Or do you think it's all imaginary?

The fact is that some of us -- long before Bill Bowen began his publicity campaign -- were discussing the Society's serious mishandling of molestation cases at least as far back as 1994. Others were bothered by it long before that. Do you think that all of that discussing was based on imagination?

If you think that some people have an "agenda", then tell us: What is that agenda and why do you think people have it?

This business of dismissing critics merely because you claim they have an "agenda" is patently ridiculous. If you claim that critics should be dismissed because they have an agenda, and if the agenda is there because there are valid areas of criticism, then all you've done is to dismiss critics because they are critics. In effect, you'll be displaying the attitude that the Watchtower is above criticism. But I don't think you think that.

: In fact the agenda constitutes just another abuse of the children, by misusing their true suffering and pain to "get" the WTS.

Aha. Is this "agenda" you're talking about the desire to "get" the WTS? Again, do expound for us and tell us your thoughts. Please expound on how you think generating publicity about the Society's long-standing mishandling of molestation cases is a misuse of childrens' "true suffering and pain". Especially expound on why you think that "the JW-pedophile issue is agenda-driven and the agenda has little to do with the abused children." Answer this: How can the JW-pedophile issue have little to do with abused children?

I have to wonder if your own "agenda" is to see how many excuses you can find to continue supporting an organization that you know, deep down, is as corrupt as can be.

AlanF

• jerome
    jerome

All of these issues were brought up before.

And all of them recieved their apporiate anwsers.

So why do you have to repeat all of these anwsers again?

And who gave this thread a #5 rating when it deserves a 1.

jerome

• TR
    TR

BroomHilda,

Your broom awaiteth you. Now take off!

TR

UADNA-WA
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America- Washington Division

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit