I want a Palm Pilot.

by Princess 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Oh, THAT kind of palm pilot. What the hell was I thinking?

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Princess
    Princess

Thanks Yeru, I knew you wouldn't let me down!

So many choices! After talking with Steve about it, we probably will buy two (funny story Ozzie). He needs to know his schedule when he is out working, so if we each had one it would be very handy. He is always calling me to find out info and if I'm not home we are out of luck. It seems a smart way to go.

Is 8mg of memory enough? I've seen some that are 16 and even up to 35. I'll have to go a-lookin' tomorrow.

I have seen the folding keyboard, too cool but I don't think I will need it yet.

Of course I have to buy a new handbag to hold it. My current Coach bag is small. I'll need a larger Coach. Oh the possibilities!

Rachel

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

the cool thing about the memory is that it fits in my digital video/digital still camera combo.

My husband does EVERYTHING on his palm. Quite annoying. He has a buttload of games and he even has an ebook or two on it. He uses it for work-everyting!
    Another cool thing is that he can pointed it at his coworkers palm pilots and synced them up.

His is a 505 or something up there. If you just want to do scheduling and notes, just start of with the lower end ones. the 105 should be plenty for you to start with. There is no point buying technology that you will not be using. You can upgrade later.

• simplesally
    simplesally

I have the Palm Vx. I like it because its so small, but it doesn't have wireless, but I don't need that. It is so handy when you have a full schedule and lots of contacts. I have lots of clients, so I need their numbers and addresses handy.

You learn the grafitti real fast, if you use the keyboard shortcut, you will won't learn the grafitti and it really is easy.

I have gotten so attached to it, I have my personal stuff in there too. It also will interface with your computer, so you can put your calendar on your computer and then hot sync right into your Palm.

Check out http://www.palm.com and I like palm because then I can also get the upgrades from that site, especially since I lost the CDrom that came with it.

• one
    one

Sharp just came out with a phone/pda. That is the way to go allinone.

Many more will be coming out. Plus linking to the pc wireless (bluetooth). Some may come with a tv tuner, so you dont miss dateline...

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Princess,

ALWAYS remember, I'm here SOLELY for your amusement.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Mulan
    Mulan

Rachel........I am so shocked!!! You are getting a BIGGER purse. Her purse is absolutely tiny. No place for anything!!

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• Princess
    Princess

I didn't say it was going to be a huge purse like yours mom. I just need a spot for my palm.

Rachel

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Hey Princess,

I still have the first issued palm pilot. Love it.

Hubby got handspring's one. Same guys who designed palm pilot, sold their company and started handspring. Good features, cheaper.

I'm waiting to upgrade my palm pilot with my cell phone. That way I can still carry around my small purse.

Have fun shopping,
    j2bf

• ofcmad
    ofcmad

I just bought the Compaq iPAQ, Pocket PC. I LOVE it! I usually hate compaq, but this is an exception. It has pocket excel and pocket word. It's also cool because you can transcribe handwritten words for text. The color screen also lights up brighter then any others. Since I use it for work in the dark for the most part, that helps me out extremely.

Any Pocket PC usually will run you upwards to $600-$800. The iPAQ costed me $500.00

Palm Pilots are also cool, but I like the ability to syncronize my Microsoft Outlook.

Ofmad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit