2014 DC Release (Unofficial Rumors)

by WatchTower87 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

Agree with Kneehighmiah.

based on the jw.org pubs: http://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/ the convention programme for 2014 is titles:

2014 Regional Convention Program

Also recall in the letter that the new terminology was effective immediately as previously noted by other posters.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Some kind of replacement for the reasoning book.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

My guess is the reasoning book replacement will become electronic in nature only since they 'nu light' comes about so frequently it can be adjusted much quicker. Most likely part of a JW app or something similar.

• piztjw
    piztjw

Perhaps a new update of the Organization book? Naw, that would have to be at the new, special, one day assembly...the annual meeting. That way only "special" baptized, approved ones get one. The last update was handed out after a Sunday meeting years ago. I was travelling at the time (yeah I know JW's aren't supposed to ever travel) and the presiding oversneer in that town (he's in central Arizona. so watch your backs) told me if I had really wanted to get one I would have cancelled my travel plans. I didn't get one for nearly six months, and then only because a friend snuck it to me.

• SecretHeart11
    SecretHeart11

An online replacement for the reasoning book would make sense. They have a disclaimer on the website now that says something like "some updates made to digital literature may not yet appear in printed editions". They're making changes even between printing magazines and having them studied, so it's hard to keep up with printed books if things are changing that fast!

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

maybe they will give the Reasoning Book its correct name "The No Tolerance for Reasoning Book"

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Maybe instead of a literature or DVD release there will be an app release so they can track all the folks and keep the literature current at all times and in the hands of the pioneers.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

One exciting announcement will be made at the 2014 conventions.

"The end is so so so so close now."

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

oh yes an app that allows the elders to remotely monitor the r&f doing field service and calculates service time automatically. Well if Jehovah can do that, why shouldn't the GB have the same ability? This could then feed into a central bethel database whcih would update service time globaly on a real time basis. Perfect for a modern tech savvy authoritarian corporation seeking absolute control over its member lives.

• SecretHeart11
    SecretHeart11

On a semi-related note: an elder told me that the new Bible was supposed to be released at last year's DC (the theme was God's Word) but they weren't done in time. Anyone else hear that? So much for the comment about "perfect" printing conditions to get them done for the Annual Meeting??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit