Get ready for phone calls from Elders either this week or when the next CO visit happens.

by EndofMysteries 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Who wants to make a bet with me that I (inactive JW) don't get a call before the Memorial?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

This is par for the course. It's not genuine concern just an attempt to avoid being bullied by the CO.

• blondie
    blondie

No call or drop by visit for 2 years...which is good...I hope it lasts till I breath my last.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I wont be holding my breath!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

it looks like the GB is telling everyone to contact all inactive ones, let them know they are missed*

* small print:

This counsel is in no way meant to be taken seriously. For elders, superficial contact is for the sole purpose of appearing to be a loving shepherd while actually doing nothing. More importantly, contacting an inactive one keeps said elders off the hotseat when the CO visits. In reality, contacting inactive ones is an efficient way of finding those that can be disfellowhipped and provides easy fodder for the WT corporate Judicial Machine. Loving concern is a Trojan Horse. "Missed" = you haven't done anything for WT recently, we need more slave labor. Please come back.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It is always about missing you in the cult compound. They never miss you in Asda or Walmart or antwhere else....just the cult compound.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If someone manages to say to me, "We've missed you at the Kingdom Hall" I will say "...and you did what about it?"

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

So all the elders received a command from the GB a few months back to call missing publishers and inactive ones weekly. I have yet to get a single call, not one.

NEW BOE LETTER - It just got exponentially harder to "fade"

But that's nothing new. Here's a similar letter from four years ago:

New BOE letter on inactive ones

The elders basically ignored it then, and they're ignoring it now.

• KateWild
    KateWild

As many have said, the elders don't really care, it's just a paper excersise for the CO. As many others have said they get nothing in the way of phonecalls anyway.

I do believe though some individuals care, there are some JWs who truly care, but most associations are instigated by regular contact in some way like work etc, so people don't make a habit of associating with others they don't see regularly. It's a fact of life people lose touch.

Kate xx

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

But,but,but.......I am invisible .How can they possibly call me to invite me to their party ,when they act as if they can not see me any other day ? Neat trick ,won't work .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit