Get ready for phone calls from Elders either this week or when the next CO visit happens.

by EndofMysteries 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

We recently got our call/visit. We've moved and faded but the local elders know the community that we live in. We got a "We're in the neighborhood..." voicemail with a visit about 5 minutes later. It's a gated community but that didn't stop them from stopping by the main office and asking which house we lived in. Kind of creeped us out. I'm glad we have good security staff.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

At our last special assembly day, the DO announced that there's a new program for the CO visit where the CO will meet with the elders on Tuesday night and put together a list of all the inactive ones in the cong and make a special visit to them during the week. This is probably already in place, thus that's why many of you will get calls. It's more formalized now.

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

@leaving_quietly Yep. That's exactly what happened for us. The CO told the security office that he was only in town for a week and really needed to talk to us.

• Blackbird Fly
    Blackbird Fly

Nothing yet but I look forward to it.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

i got my notification! one of my elders and the CO! "DOH!"

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

The book study that has been silent for a while is now contacting my husband again Grrrrrrrrrrrr

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I've been contacted exactly three times since I stopped attending. Once when the CO was visiting. The elder, whom I didn't know, because it wasn't the congregation I had attended, actually made a point of telling me that the CO was visiting that week. The other two times were right before the memorial.

Not that it would've made a difference at that point, but it was very offputting to me that these were the only times they chose to make an effort. It wasn't about me, it was about getting their numbers up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit