Get ready for phone calls from Elders either this week or when the next CO visit happens.

by EndofMysteries 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I got a call the other day, it looks like the GB is telling everyone to contact all inactive ones, let them know they are missed, etc, and to do it within a week.

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

This is supposed to be a normal routine. The CO puts pressure on the elders to "bring the flock back" to the cong, so they are forced to phone inactive/irregular publishers and say how much they miss them despite never trying to contact them previously.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

I got that "Call" after CO visit, and it was no big deal at all.. Just generic really.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

No phone call for me, yet. I suppose they were just kidding when the GB sent out the BOE letter asking the service overseers to make weekly contact with the flock.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

32 years. No one gives a crap about me. I think I feel bad. Naaaaah.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I got a call the other day, it looks like the GB is telling everyone to contact all inactive ones,

let them know they are missed, etc, and to do it within a week.......EndofMysteries.

JW`s are are being "TOLD" by the WBT$.......To "TELL" Inactive JW`s they Miss Them?!!..

.................We Miss You................................No One Has Talked To Me In A Year..

...........At the Kingdom Hall!!.............................Your A Liar,Don`t Call Again..

..................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• smiddy
    smiddy

I suppose that excludes disfellowshiped , and disassociated ones , because we are , after all a contagious disease , and who wants to be around that sort of person , they might catch it.

smiddy

• 4thgen
    4thgen

Memorial season? Boost attendance/donations? Also April is close.....get some easy time calling on inactive ones and some gossip along the way. After all, 30 hours go terribly slow sitting at a mag stand!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

So what is this supposed to accomplish, contacting those who have disassociated or whatever?

Nothing but more hours on the almighty timesheet!

Wow, they keep their blind followers running like those young, new college students who try to join the fraternity and are ready willing and able to do the most stupid things to look good in other "stupid peoples" eyes.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

So let them waste time trying to contact me by phone (getting a recording and leaving a message that will simply be deleted with the push of a button). Let them waste a stamp trying to contact me via regular letter that will end up in the shredder unread. Let them try visiting--have fun getting past the Easter decorations I put up, for nothing. The only way they are going to reach me is via a registered letter, with a court statement stating "You have agreed to serve this god forever, without any conditions. You are currently in violation of such agreement, and such agreement is legally binding, because you have not attended all their meetings and participated to your absolute ability in every one of their activities. You must reply by [date] or we will [whatever they choose of sueing, pressing criminal contempt of court charges, court order Seroquel or Paxil].

Barring such legal action, they are wasting their time and resources. They could have placed 20 wastes of paper in the time they are going to waste trying a simple phone call (deleted), e-mail (labelled spam), or visit (no answer).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit