Get ready for phone calls from Elders either this week or when the next CO visit happens.

by EndofMysteries 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

Just to say that some of us elders who know TTATT do care for inactive ones by leaving them alone to get on with their lives. I used to be secretary a while ago and would regularly "lose" record cards for inactive ones who I thought were trying to escape - amazing how quickly they are totally forgotten about.

The (not so) pure one

• baltar447
    baltar447

Saltheart, I applaud your efforts my good man!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Perfect response if they call:

Did you really miss me enough to call or are you calling because you were instructed to?

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

For me, it seems to be the same pattern every year. For the last 3 years they always call on me when the CO is in town around December. No other time in the year. If I recall, they only are instructed to call “once” a year even though the CO visits more often than that.

This same elder that calls on us sees me and my wife at least once or twice a year out in public. My wife works at a coffee shop that he visits sometimes but never bothers her. Just says hi and asks how things are. Same with me if I run into him out in public. We never give more than one or 2 word answers. No probing.

It could be worse.

and the last time they came, we had xmas lights up outside on the house. I'm surprised there hasn't been any follow up bec of that.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Since we don't speak the same language (them Polish, me English) I don't think I'll be getting any phone calls.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Give them a letter of disasociation and legally bind them not to harrass you in any form by enforced shunning and that you will sue them if they do.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/276122/1/There-is-law-that-can-be-applied-to-being-DFed-or-DA#.UyS77_ldXQA

http://church-discipline.blogspot.com/2008/01/marian-guinn-vs-church-of-christ.html

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

I got a voice mail a couple weeks back inviting me to the KH. I wonder if that was my annual call?

If so it would be the first one in 15+ years. I live in a condo which, along with apartments in ruralish areas, seems to be JW repellent.

I have often wondered if living in an apartment building was the unforgivable sin.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Salt,

Interesting you said that. I have often wondered if my elders locally are just aloof, don't care, or don't want a piece of this.

I suspect its a bit of all three, but maybe they also are respecting my space as many people tend to do.

I will make sure to think of it in those terms, rather than negative ones.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I am moving to a new house at the end of this week-very anglo, no gates, so no excuses. I wonder how many years before a English language JW shows up at my little house in Houston? I will live in the Sagemont area . . . sorta not holding my breath, but I kinda am in the mood for a bit of a confrontation that my mom won't ever get wind of!

M

• smiddy
    smiddy

Did you really miss me enough to call or are you calling because you were instructed to?

That is so typical , so true , darth frosty you hit the nail on the head, as so many of you have done before , JW`s have to be prompted to do what should come as a natural response , a genuine concern for their fellow associates /freinds . If they have to be prompted to contact you by an elder or CO whatever, how much of a freind were they in the first place.

Freindship is a word that jehovahs witnesses cant get their head around , they have no concept of its true meaning .Pr.18:24

instead of applying that scripture to themselves , they prefer to be judgemental against their "freind"

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit