Where Do You Think That Plane Is?

by minimus 175 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

At age 60, I still find it hard to believe that people can do such wicked things to each other.

I will never get used to it.

Sylvia

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

hmmmm snakeface - I owuld have thought that if the plan is to reuse the plane for terrorist purposes they would have done so by now. The longer they leave it the more likely they will get caught. I still think the lone nutter (one fo the flight crew) theory is more plausible and oculd still involve your idea about taking the plane to high altitude and depriving the passengers of oxygen.

• minimus
    minimus

what a waste

• snakeface
    snakeface

Well, Frazzled, I think they'd have to first hide it in a hangar and remove anything that identifies the plane, besides painting over the tail number of course. Some of the electronic equipment would transmit a signal that identifies the plane, so it would have to be removed. Sort of like the VIN number on a car. And of course they have to dispose of the passengers, probably remove the seats and convert it into a freight carrying vessel, or whatever else they want to do to it. I think if they do things liek this to it they might be able to use it more than once, unlike the 911 plot where the planes were essentially stolen but used immediately - and only once - for a specific mission.

• SecretHeart11
    SecretHeart11

If it was pilot suicide, why not just jump off a building or down some pills? Why take a couple hundred other people with you? I hope they find out what happened soon. Those poor families waiting to hear what happened.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Very tragic event if this was a suicide. I agree that the poor families have no closure until this is resolved.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Read the article in Wired magazine. The absolutely most logical theory of all of them and it does NOT involve all the frantic reporting of foul play. It's just common sense from a pilot, with all the puzzle pieces fitting the story.
    http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03/mh370-electrical-fire/

My pilot relatives agree this is absolutly the most logical.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

random points:

a).is there any way of proving exact amount of fuel on plane..ie. if a plot then perhaps plane had extra fuel to travel further.

b) if hijacked (if)..then no group will claim responsibilty as it would flag up danger and perhaps stall any deviant purpose they might have yet to use plane for.

c) if hijacked / in danger why no mobile phone calls/texts from passengers ( assuming phones not in flight mode)

just random thoughts.....either way my thoughts are with the families of missing persons..must be awful for them being in limbo...

initially I thought it must have crashed in jungle and maybe have survivors...but time will eventually reveal its fate.....it cannot have simply disappeared..

• cofty
    cofty

nonjwspouse - excellent article.

• prologos
    prologos

second that recommendation of that excellent article, compared to the mush dished out in the entertainment cnn type shows. I can vouch for that ridge in Kuala Lampur, the

question remains: with that kind of a catastrophy, that cut short the flights to the alternates Columbus OH and Halifax NS, how could the engines sending live signals for 7 hours?

BSW, the japanese build many sea-level, close-to-the-beach airports all over the orient during WW2, that have still good level ground and would serve well for an emergency landing if you dumped all the fuel, and had daylight.

So, with the pilots accorded their due for their airmanship, what about the terrible idea that ONE of the factors to pull this off, is to go down with your name with worldwide FAME, although in shame? Hollywood truth: there is no such thing as bad publicity.

I could not think of a worse scenario for the victims.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit