One of the big reasons I left the JW Cult

by Still Totally ADD 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Thank you all for your encouragement to both my wife and I. Writing this story may expose us to others from FL who have come to know TATT. If there is someone who may know us please PM me. Still Totally ADD

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

On a totally different side of taking in somebody associated with the JWs, (a brother, who was once the only anointed member in the cong I was grew up in but he and his wife walked away more than 20 years ago) his mother was asked by another person in her Cong to take in a brother who was in and out of "the truth" but he was once again studying and needed a place to live, she agreed and took him in, he murdered her, but thankfully he's in jail now and will be there for quite some time.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I think that JW's are delusional, there idea of death is just temporary in their minds. Mentally and emotionally their very self centered. Their actions are really not even human and they lack true emotion. Their being of Gods only true religion and his only people has really messed them up.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

The thing that dose my head in, is how they are prepared to spend countless hours and dollars trying to get a new convert, and yet do virtually nothing to retain it's current members. 2/3 of the youth are walking yet they do nothing. Just really frustrates me their ignorance.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Just remember something. After the furneral one person did come up to me and wanted to know if my oldest son was still in the truth because he had a goatee. That was more important to him that our loss. Still Totally ADD

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

My heart goes out to you and your wife. Thank you for sharing this.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Hello STA

First I want to congragulate you both for doing such a marvelous job in caring for this poor man.

It is truly heartbreaking when you realise just how expendable life is to these so called "loving christians".

I had my eyes opened wide one day when while doing calls with an elders wife (I will refer to her as cut throat bitch)

she exclaimed herannoyance at this young woman for not having her study. Sister cut throat bitch explained to

me on the way home that the woman was having chemo and she did not feel well enough for the study but

if they couldnt do the study it would be a waste of time going. The woman could however manage the study the following

week but this lovely sister told her that she couldnt come because she was getting her hair done for the DC!!! WTH!!!

The truth is they only care about you while you are useful to them.

The most heartless people I have ever met have been JWS.

• scary21
    scary21

The JW's in FL pretty much ran my mom out of her own home. I wanted her to stay in her home as long as possible. My moms worldly neighbor was wonderful about helping her but my mom wanted a JW to help her. There was one that would take her shopping once a week or to the doctor a few times. She also took her for a haircut a couple of times. This went on for about 6 months and then the ladys JW husband wanted it to STOP so he went to the loving elders. I must say my mom gave her 20 $ a week to take her but she hid this fact from her husband . My mom would also buy her lunch.

The next time my sis and I came down from MI. the elders met with us to tell us this lady's husband does not want his wife to help my mom, and my mom should let the worldly neighbor help her. ( and the elders thought this was ok) I was shocked ! They even read a scripture ....something about a loving friend is loving all the time. (the worldly neighbor} I asked them if someone in the congregation could help her ? They would only ask someone to help if my mom had no family. ( but her family is 1200 miles away. HOW IF WE LIVED IN CHINA]

My sis and I go home. The neighbor was helping for a few weeks. Everything was going well and then all hell broke loose........

The JW lady went behind her husbands back and started taking my mom to do her food shopping. She missed her 80$ a month, her free lunches and free haircuts......yes she would get the hair money from her husband but let my mom pay,,,ha ha.. Her loving husband found out she was still helping my mom and went nuts...............He called me up and threatened me........." YOU DO SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR MOM OR I"M CALLING THE STATE..........THEY WILL TAKE HER HOUSE AND HER CAR blah blah blah.

I got scared because my mom has short term memory loss. If a worker came out and my mom got scared and confussed she may not answer questions right. I put my moms house up for sale the next day. it sold right away. Sis and I went down, packed her up, and got her away from the most unloving unchristian people I have ever met. So No, I am not surprised by your story at all.

My mom was a witness for 59 years but has not been to a meeting since she left FL. Can you blame her ? She has her own cute apartment and lots of help from so called worldly people. Yes, the JW's kicked her to the curb.

Still very disturbed, Sherry

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I think that JW's are delusional, there idea of death is just temporary in their minds. Mentally and emotionally their very self centered. Their actions are really not even human and they lack true emotion.

Yep, that's it in a nutshell. They don't have the ability (or willingness) to extend themelves to feel what other people are feeling, and since death is temporary to them, they don't think that a death needs to be mourned -- when it's of someone they don't know, anyway. Of course if it was their own loved one, they would feel quite differently. But when it comes to others' losses, they feel free to leave their sense of sympathy switched off and just retract into that JW bubble of uninvolvedness.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Scary21 I know where you are coming from. Before we moved to PA my mom mind was going to the point she was very vlolent towards my wife. I went to the elders of this same congregation hoping to get help by having them talk to my mom to go to the doctor to get help and to listen to her son about this matter. The body of elders told me it was none of their business and would not help in any way. Soon instead of taking care of her a sister took her side and did things for her. I called my older brother about all this he came down to see what he could do. When I told him what mom was doing at first he did not believe me it took about a year to finally understand what was really going on. But by then he took over the responsibilty of taking care of her. She is now in stage three dementia and going fast and finally in a nursing home. She fell about a month ago and broke her hip. I blame again those elders for enabling my mom and ignoring my concerns. In fact at first they believe her. She was accusing my wife of stealing all her money from the bank and she was having orgies in her living room. They believe that at first. I quess this is the second reason I will never go back. Elders running things with nothing more than there pea brains for reasons. Any rate I am sorry for what you had to go through. JW's for the most part have no idea what love is. Still Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit