One of the big reasons I left the JW Cult

by Still Totally ADD 55 Replies latest jw friends

• kaik
    kaik

will-be-apostate. I am born in Eastern Europe and I have witnessed first hand lack of love, neglect, and total disinterest for their members. Back under communism, and afterwards. We had elder woman who was lonely, never married, and no immediate family. I lived in rather medium size city where everyone at least by face knew others. She stopped going to meeting and completely disappeared from KH. Couple months later DO asked to visit people who were innactive. Someone mentioned her, but nobody knew were she was living. Eventually some JW was able to find out her address and learned from the neighbors that she died at home and was discovered due decomposing odor. She was buried at city expenses. When someone brought this up, the elders answer was that they are busy with a field service. One sister even speculated that the older woman was spiritually weak and may have faded away prior the death and thus make that poor woman unworthy of resurrection.

Story like Still Totally ADD are rather common. JW have very cold relationship, lack love and support among themselves, and certainly do not help each other because they are busy preaching and doing field service. I knew JW who committed suicide, I knew entire family who took their lives in car by putting hose through the exhaust pipe into their car in the countryside (four members had died). I heard about elder who had fatal crash on his way to convention while JWs drove by and did not stop because they did not want to be late (happened around 1995-6 in Ostrava).

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

My, my, my. And the beat keeps going on. No matter what part of the world you live the love shown by JW's is the same. Still Totally ADD

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Marked

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Reopened Mind and Still Totally ADD...you are wonderful people. So glad that you left the disturbing, loveless cult of false xians.

((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))) to you both!

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Still Totally ADD & Reopened Mind;

I hope getting your story out there in print was cathardic for you, it was heartbreaking to read and makes me think of how much I have been stunted by being a born-in JW...your self-sacrificing love (sorry to use the JW term) is a quality that was "preached" about growing up but rarely put into practice...so as a result I often don't think of others as I know I should...I need to be trained to think more about what kind of impact I can have on others by helping out in small or big ways...I feel so absent minded sometimes- but you and your wife knew how to show real humanity without the BORG telling you what to do-

How wonderful to have had your son in your life for the time that you did!

Thanks for sharing!

CHG

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

I've seen, heard and read this story a thousand times.

They couldn't give two s**ts about anyone.

The most arrogant people I've ever known.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit