One of the big reasons I left the JW Cult

by Still Totally ADD 55 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Actually many was befuddled on why we was so hurt. To us it was like lossing a child. Some did say to us will now that he is dead you can come back to all the meetings and field service. Like he meant nothing to us. If I had any doubts about the Wt. cult they was all gone. I will never forget the lack of love shown to us. Except by all the so called worldly people....Still Totally ADD

...................................................................................IS..

............................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Most people who are JWs are just so to create a show for themselves and their own spiritually strength and devotion

to the organization.

Individual real people have little or much less of a concern.

One can see that in their apathy toward any outside charity or work for the disadvantaged.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Possibly being that since this unfortunate fellow didn't attend meetings he was seen as spiritually week anyways,

not worth making a fuss about to these very subjectively pretentious people.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

That is incredibly sad. You and your wife did a wonderful thing in taking care of him, he was lucky to have you both. The rest doesn't surprise me. There is no place in a JWs life for helping each other, just the endless rotation of meetings, study and field service. They have taken the basic concepts of Christianity out of the equation, instead it's just a fanatical adherence to the will of the governing body. If others fall by the wayside, they will step over you to gain their own salvation, and never give you another thought.

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

NVR2L8, I knew someone would start explaining that. I just didn't bother editing my post afterward because I thought my point was clear enaugh with or without the word "conditional". Love, hypocrisy, respect, I don't care about their motives. What I know is that according to the story being discussed jws there are not practising the same religion as jws here.

My opinion is that love doesn't exist. But that is off topic.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

S.T.A.D.D. , When you stop and think about it, you realize that most JW's are afraid and they are out of touch with themselves and are used to replacing the sad realities of life with fantasies and mind numbing pseudo religious duties to keep them distracted . The situation you described here was probably too much reality for them to handle. What you and your wife did was real love and if there is some future reward from God for mankind, you two have certainly earned it. Your friend must have felt very fortunate to have you to see him through his illness. I hope it has helped you to write your experience down for us and that it helps you to know there are those here who can understand all to well the hurt this experience has caused you.

• designs
    designs

You and your wife are good people. Take that away and grow.

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

This reminded me of the time my aunt was in the hospital, no one really came to see her and her worldly husband noticed that. He was asking where the members of the congregation were since they say they are so loving? Really only the more popular or well known members get more attention. Like if the elder gets sick, there are big congregational arrangements made to help or go see him. Happened in my old congregation.

Very touchcing and sad story, thanks for sharing STADD.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

So sad. I am sorry you had this experience.

• carla
    carla

I'm sorry for your loss and the heartless actions or should I say non action of the jw's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit