Talked to JW's in Service Today (kinda long...sorry)

by exwhyzee 45 Replies latest jw friends

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Thank you so much for sharing your story. I was once disfellowshipped too after admitting it, being repentant and telling them of mental health issues. I hung around long enough to get reinstated and accept all the congratulatory handshakes, but I never went back after that night.

My brother and sister were also disfellowshipped, one for not meeting with the elders for a jc, but neither of them bothered with the reinstatement process. I only did it so my mother wouldn't feel like she had to shun me, but she speaks to all of us and treats us the same even though she and my dad are pioneers.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Amazing well done with the two JWs. I really like the reasoning about the generation as an opening Topic.

Your experience is very sad. I do hope your son and DiL can over time realize they don't need it as a network and form new friendships whilst they are still young. It shows how strong the hold is when after everything they still feel the need to go.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I pretty much know the story already, but was totally awed by the way you wrote here about your son's cancer and experience.

Exwhyzee iooks like a hunky surfer guy (not that a total manly man like me would notice), and his wife looks like a beautiful movie star, so I can imagine what the son looks like and how hard it was to fight off the ladies.

Ex, you write almost like Ray Franz. I say "almost" because I detect the bitterness where I never detected it in Ray's writings. But you were put through so much that your bitterness is miniscule. Whatever you have done to let go has helped you tremendously.

Just a bit on the sad side that your son is still "in" the religion. I get why, but it is also a testimony to the power of cult.

• Listener
    Listener

You would never see that story published in the Awake XYZ. The worst of this is that the organization has recently been telling followers to respect the elders and just accept anything they do.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Exwhyzee iooks like a hunky surfer guy (not that a total manly man like me would notice), and his wife looks like a beautiful movie star, so I can imagine what the son looks like and how hard it was to fight off the ladies.

Me and Mrs. XYZ LOL'd a a lot over this one.... HA !

• whathappened
    whathappened

This is such an interesting thread. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Sorry about your sweet father.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit