Talked to JW's in Service Today (kinda long...sorry)

by exwhyzee 45 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

i've talked to Exwhyzee as a former JW and his story about the org. is captivating. I can imagine him holding the attention of current JW's.

You may have done a bit more than just plant a seed. I have a feeling that, even if they never left, those JW's will keep contact with their disfellowshipped relative.

Good update. Thanks for sharing.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Great Job!! You have planted some major seeds no doubt.. I wish someone like you could come by when my wife is out.. I respect what you did so much.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

to have said that exwhyzee should just focus on having a good life (and saying the same to their own DFed son).

Another example of JWs who really DO NOT believe all the BS anymore. They don't believe their DFd son is doomed to destruction. They are not shunning him. They want him to go on and enjoy life. They realize that is what is importnat.

They evidently were aware of some of the issues that XYZ raised. If they are not already, then they are on the road to becoming part of the "conscious class". They are merely going through the motions of witnessing. It's their social network. To anything else would result in them being cut off from all their friends. Yep, they are FAKING IT.

Doc

• trebor
    trebor

exwhyzee, that was fantastic and actually very loving and candid.

Thank you for trusting us with a little bit of your life experience through that excellent write up of your conversation with the JW couple. What you wrote is truly appreciated.

I too believe what you did will have long lasting benefits and reach others in ways you may never know. That was really excellent.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Dear Exwhyzee,

Thank you so much for posting that experience and for talking to those JWs - the article was anything BUT too long - like Onthewayout said, the story is captivating. It is terrible what you and your family have been through, and yet you still really want to help people, which is what you have tried to do your whole life. I appreciate you so much.

Marina

• cantleave
    cantleave

Thank you for sharing xyz.

• snowbird
    snowbird

That was a good job, XYZ.

I think ALL JW's are getting tired of the WT.

Sylvia

• Bella15
    Bella15

Good point I took from your post ...

they are telling the same to my relatives, they are JWs and their only son died out of their "truth", so they are being told he is going to resurrect blah blah blah but hell NO they didn't let them use the KH or have of their congo elder give the talk, this couple in the middle of their anguish of losing their only son and with little money on top of it, had to go around looking for a room to host the funeral service ... I haven't asked how many JWs actually went to the funeral.

Pathetic

• L3G
    L3G

Thx for sharing this. Very thought provoking...

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

exwhyzee......good job with the couple, and it seems they responded very well. Nonjudgmental, and with concern. They even said they speak tot heir disfellowshipped son! Amazing. Plus you know the ones out in the rain....tend to be pretty zealous. It was just rainging out here in CA, and NOBODY was out. Lol.

Here is my question to you about your story. Spoiler alert......I plan on retelling it.

Could you elaborate on your father in laws situation? Why did he need blood, and what former fraction that was forbidden then, would have enabled him to survive (or have a fighting chance at least), post 2000?

I want to make sure I have as much of that info as you are willing to share. Or if you have already told all of this, a linkt o your story would be bad ass.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit