Atheists, here is a 'balls' question ---even for all---

by prologos 224 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos

jeff american criquet is baseball, I just put in, so as to see who really reads this stuff. you caught it! congrats. and:

most stars we see are dual star systems. and: They found at least one EXO-planet orbiting those two self-gravitating suns. do the mat on that.

I used the 3 body problem to contrast it with the relatively easy workwith our 'one-ball' fascination.

BSW: my offspring, just turned 2 and is just now learning to catch a ball, programming the brain, hands, does it best at this stage, with a swinging yo-yo, because the arch is predictable.

• Viviane
    Viviane

prologos, can you cite where you discovered that MOST stars are in a binary configuration?

• prologos
    prologos

the bode law IS ACCURATE to within 5% of all orbits radii. the worst is Mars, which, rather than 1.6 AU is 1.381;--1.524--,1.666. and

Bode/Titius has a ratio of 1:32 from the smallest to the furthest . and at both extremties the spacings are unity for emphasis. like a shoelace or chromosome.

It is a dynamic, resonating and stable system and the numbers tell it.

Bode will become a universal law only when and if we can pin-point all the exo-planet orbits and go from Kepler to Newton on that one.

• prologos
    prologos

vivian, it is on most astronomy sites, in books. I was surprised too, that what we see as ONE pinpoint of light are actually 2 stars moving around a common empty center at quite a distance.

"Alpha proxima" and companion come to mind.

• prologos
    prologos

blacksheep: galactic collisions are part of the tools fo the creative PROCESS. schock-waves from these 'through-passes' are thought to be the events that trigger star formation, tripping Novae that generate heavier elements.

Andromeda is heading our way, not to despair, even if WT would be right*, and we would be alive millions of years from now when it happens, there will be very few star to star collisions, but it would be a great hypo-way to replenish the sun's dwindled mass supply.

'there is method to the madness', creative method.

*It never has been, the cosmic failure

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Why do people thing that all the orbits of every planet is "set" by someone or something?

There has been plenty of proof of collisions of planets and even galaxies...the ones that didn't collide are the ones now orbiting...

• cofty
    cofty

Orbital mecahnics are really complex - therefore god.

Really?

• Viviane
    Viviane

the bode law IS ACCURATE to within 5% of all orbits radii. the worst is Mars, which, rather than 1.6 AU is 1.381;--1.524--,1.666.

No, it isn't. It's off by 5.26% for Mars, 29% for Neptune and 95% for Pluto.

It is a dynamic, resonating and stable system and the numbers tell it.

Bode will become a universal law only when and if we can pin-point all the exo-planet orbits and go from Kepler to Newton on that one.

It's just an incorrect hypothesis that get more inaccurate the further out you get.

Please, if you insist on being willfully ignorant, keep the misinformation to yourself.

• Viviane
    Viviane

vivian, it is on most astronomy sites, in books. I was surprised too, that what we see as ONE pinpoint of light are actually 2 stars moving around a common empty center at quite a distance.

Then you should have no trouble citing evidence for it. I look forward to it.

"Alpha proxima" and companion come to mind.

"The Sun" also comes to mind. So?

but it would be a great hypo-way to replenish the sun's dwindled mass supply.

If by "great" you mean "kill everything". But then, it's incredibly obvious you have no idea what you are talking about, so it's absolutely no surprise you think solar mass can be replenished via galactic collision.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

The OP is a shameless "sentient puddle" fallacy.

Imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, 'This is an interesting world I find myself in, an interesting hole I find myself in, fits me rather neatly, doesn't it? In fact, it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!' This is such a powerful idea that as the Sun rises in the sky and the air heats up and as, gradually, the puddle gets smaller and smaller, it's still frantically hanging on to the notion that everything's going to be all right, because this World was meant to have him in it, was built to have him in it; so the moment he disappears catches him rather by surprise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit