Atheists, here is a 'balls' question ---even for all---

by prologos 224 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Viviane
    Viviane

What ingenious natural & process is it, than can get 9+ zillions bodies to get into the right orbit simultaniously or sequentially and have them remain there for billions of years? the 30 meter asteroid nearing us notwithstanding?

What do you mean, "right" orbit? Is the a chart of where all the planets and asteroids are supposed to be that you are checking? And orbits degrade and change over time, so they haven't been the same. Does that make the orbits of the past "right" or the current one? Or the one in the middle.

even the biggest asteroids are sperical.

Anything that obtains enough mass will begin to collapes in to a shape resembling something spherical, but it is is a sphere.

And what in the world does the three body problem have to do with cricket? or croquet?

• Viviane
    Viviane

Prologos, you haven't put much effort into learning about science, have you?

• metatron
    metatron

Stop seeing God as separate from the universe. Seeing "God" as the universe makes things much simpler.

I stopped asking ,'who or what created everything' and instead ask, 'who or what maintains everything?'

metatron

• Viviane
    Viviane

How does that make it simpler, metatron?

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I stepped into this thread and what did I find? A load of Balls.

• prologos
    prologos

yeah, it takes balls for somebody to say: there is alot, and its rolling along just fine, naturally, but unlike what we have to make and MAINTAIN, it came from nothing, nowhere,nobody.

• prologos
    prologos

viviane, check the BODE law (sequence). 4, 7,10 (earth of course, count it on your toes) 16, 28, 52, 100 (the one with the rings all in place) 196 296(pluto, the one that was disfellowshipped for being too small)

really, this is the spacing of the planets expressed in it's smallest common unit, .3 AUs. orbit spacings always double as you go out. you can predict any and all planets' distance from the sun by knowing 2 other numbers.

Would that not be lucrative if you could pick nine power ball lottery numbers with CERTAINTY if you just knew 2 ?

but I do not claim it direstly divine intervention, nudging as Sir Isaac did, it is the working out of the laws that are embedded, embodied in nature.

But: that does not make nature into God. or the creator. hear metradon!

and the '3 body problem' deals with more than the one body problem Golf ball and the hole (I forgot the club), that problem is the simpler one of orbiting bodies in mutual gravitation. I used for comparison of the escalating difficulty as you go from a golf course to galaxies.

• JeffT
    JeffT

jeff: so why does it not work with the amercan criquet game too? or does the ball hit the bin, the pin only every billion years or so? the lucky shot?

even the 3 body problem takes a lot of computing power.

First, what the hell is "American Criquet?"

Secondly, the three bodies follow the laws of Gravity and Motion, they just do it in ways that are hard to resolve mathmatically.

• metatron
    metatron

I keep saying that there is a trap here of the Fallacy of the Excluded Middle. Our culture throws us a choice between theism -and usually all that goes with it such as Jesus/ Bible and so on OR rejection of all of it in atheism. I see a middle position.

It's kind of Hegelian to me - a synthesis of the two which gives us an interconnected, lawful universe but without a personal creator.

I also see no morality whatsoever in creation. It's all predation and blood n' guts. Ethics are ( and should be ) part of the human realm, not nature.

I just see this as simpler but each to his own.

metatron

• Viviane
    Viviane

No, the orbital distance don't all double and Bode's Law (actually a hypothesis as it didn't hold up as compared to reality) failed to accurately predict reality.

If that is what you used the three-body problem to illustrate, then you really don't know what the three body problem is about. As I said on the other thread, you are willfully ignorant and spreading misinformation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit