What is the deal with the "this is the last memorial" comments from my JW?

by jambon1 52 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

*** w98 6/1 p. 5 Wait Patiently ***

THE shepherd who repeatedly cried “Wolf!” when there was no wolf found that his subsequent cry for help went unheeded. Similarly today, many disregard the imminence of Jehovah’s day because they have heard countless warnings that have proved to be false alarms. The very fact that so many fail to discern which warning is genuine and then heed it plays into the hands of God’s great enemy, Satan, that false “angel of light.”—2 Corinthians 11:14.

--------

The WTS would like to imply that they are not part of this group that has given false warnings.

1914, 1915, 1920, 1925, 1940's, 1975, (1984), (1994)

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Imagine my dismay when I realized that if/when the JW version of Armageddon actually happened, the WTS fully intended to - for all intents and purposes - rule the planet for a thousand years afterwards...

I think another group tried this in Europe - some guy with small-man syndrome and a soul-patch mustache on the upper lip.

Can you imagine DFing during the 1,000 years?

Ha, we do get to literally stone people now - right on!

• prologos
    prologos

not that it matters now, but

I always thought the idea of a LAST memorial --before armageddon--was flawed in the first place. With Jesus called the " ETERNAL FATHER"? !:--so would the beneficiaries (the OS) of the new covenant not fittingly celebrate ETERNALLY the day of the payment for their eternal paradise bliss? and:

It is always the " last memorial" with it's head count until the next one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit