What is the deal with the "this is the last memorial" comments from my JW?

by jambon1 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

Has anyone noticed...The Partakers of the past few years....Seems the # of partakers are going up, instead of down...isn't it supposed to go the other way?

2011 YearBook: 11,825 Partakers

2012 YearBook: 12, 604 Partakers

2013 YearBook: 13,204 Partakers

More folks who are delusional...& how can one dispute folks who think they are annointed.

Legacy

• Imminent1975
    Imminent1975

Yes, it is true that this memorial will be the last for many Jw's. Some will die and some will wake up. I know that my last memorial was five years ago. This is becoming pitiful.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

2013 YearBook: 13,204 Partakers

More folks who are delusional...& how can one dispute folks who think they are annointed.

1) An increase must be false. One of the signs of the Last Days is the dwindling number of partakers.

2) It's easy to dispute and discredit partakers by adding the words "truly" and "genuine" and "Elderly."

Six Convincing Lines of Evidence:

Sixth, the number of genuine anointed disciples of Christ is dwindling, though some will evidently still be on earth when the great tribulation begins. Most of the remnant are quite elderly, and over the years the number of those who are truly anointed has been getting smaller. Yet, referring to the great tribulation, Jesus stated: “Unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.” (Matthew 24:21, 22) Evidently, then, some of Christ’s “chosen ones” will still be on earth when the great tribulation begins.

Of course the nu-light about the GB/FDS seals the deal. They can totally ignore anyone who is "anointed" because they are NOT at World Headquarters. This way, they don't have to openly call them mentally imbalanced. They can just ignore them. Any who dare to speak up are simply DF'd.

We LOVE this idea!!!!

DD

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

" This may be the last memorial " proclamation was used many times by the WTS. leaders to enhanced their

their propagation of the world is coming to an end soon dogma.

Which is now known to be a fear induced marketing strategy.

Marketing fear has been the biggest and probably the most valuable tool the WTS. has used to attract attention to its

many produced pieces of literature, as well to hold people into an act of forgoing exploitation for money and labor.

• finnrot
    finnrot

Even as a little kid I knew this was a crazy religion. I remember going to the memorial every year and watching my very crazy grandfather partake of the wine and bread as it was passed around. I figured how appropiate my crazy grandfather would be of the annointed in this nutty religoin.

I hated every minute of this religion. What a horrible way to grow up.

-fin

• Bella15
    Bella15

Gratitude? ? ? ?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Data-Dog - "An increase must be false. One of the signs of the Last Days is the dwindling number of partakers."

I used to think that significant real-world deviations from the WTS's prophetic expectations would give the majority of JWs pause (still no King of the North, still no attack on religion by the UN, etc.).

Now, I'm not so sure; I doubt most active rank-and-filers know the finer details of Fred Franz's End-Times script.

Probably just how the GB likes it, now that I think about it.

• Comatose
    Comatose

I have a different take on the dwindling number of partakers. Now that they adjusted the rules and said the sealing didn't end in 1935 it just doesn't matter. In fact they could spin the increase as a sign of how close we are if they wanted. They adjusted the understanding a few years ago. Well ahead if the curve. Smart assholes they are.

• steve2
    steve2

Religious people in general - and in our instance, JWs - have paper-thin memories and even thinner abilities to soundly reason. They hear variations on the question, "Could this be the last Memorial?" year-in, year-out, and each time it either mindlessly floats in one ear and out the other,or for a hard-core, pumps up their zeal for a few weeks, if not months, and activity levels increase. Then it's routinely onto the next year and the next and the next. Skin wrinkles, hair turns grey, generations age and die-off.Paper-thin memories borne of a dull habit of a lifetime, no different, no better, no worse than the reason-defying "logic" of any number of sagging religious organizations that play into people's poor ability to reason and think straight and/or their frankly willful ignorance.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Well it is the last memorial... Armageddon is next week... October 2, 2014 (Jesus 100th anniversary of unrulership)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit