What is the deal with the "this is the last memorial" comments from my JW?

by jambon1 52 Replies latest jw friends

• jambon1
    jambon1

The guy I know was saying this the other day.

"It's been suggested this may be the last one", or words to that effect.

Where & by whom?

Is this doing the rounds?

• designs
    designs

That was said at every Memorial I ever attended going back to the early 1960s. Its the old Moses and Israelites leaving Egypt theme.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

This is a symptom of the insanity induced in people by The Watchtower. Next year he will probably deny he said it.

Jehovah's Witnesses yearn for Armageddon the way an alcoholic yearns for his next drink.

Armageddon will be the event that frees them from all worldly cares and proves that THEY were right and everyone else was wrong.

The leadership of the WTB&TS has perfected the art of leading people on a few days, a few weeks, a few months at a time until the convert's entire life has been given away in hope of a Great Heaven-Sent Banquet that never arrives.

One quirk of human psychology that makes this possible is that humans HATE to admit (to themselves or anyone else) that they made a MISTAKE. We see this in all aspects of human behavior: selecting mates, accepting jobs, making investments, deciding what to eat for their next meal.

By comparison, CATS do not suffer from this character defect.

• jambon1
    jambon1

I got the impression taht there was a leading comment in a publication - KM?

• 4thgen
    4thgen

You could reply: "Well, if this is the last memorial, I guess they will be halting the buyilding program at Warwick. Have you heard anything about that?"

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

Wrong, they easily get around that by claiming that their massive building projects "may well continue right up through the GT and into the New World".

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Gratuitous fear mongering in the March 2014 KingDUM Ministry

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

March 2014 Kingdom Ministry Page 2 Paragraph 4...

Will this memorial be our last? (1 Cor. 11:26) We do not know. But we do know that once it passes, gone will be a unique oppurtunity to show gratitude. Will you seize it? May the appreciative words of our mouth and the meditation of our heart bring pleasure to Jehovah, the generous Provider of the ransom. -Ps. 19:14.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It would be nice if it is their last Memorial, if the WT imploded say. Of course that won't happen. And the fear-mongering will continue year on year, adding to the anxiety that affects most JW's.

It is sad that the WT has only fear as its chief tool, the R&F have an unnecessarily angst filled life, if only they would realise, there is no such thing as Armageddon, or the "End".

Once they realised this it could be the Beginning, of a great, worry free life.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

should have been:

Will this memorial be our last? (1 Cor. 11:26) Probably not, but count on Jehovah's "faithful slave" to play you moronic puppets until the strings break. You'll gladly gulp whatever bilge-water kool-aid we offer you. Oh, and we need more of your money, so cough it up, or you might die at Armageddon, and you wouldn't like THAT, would you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit