What is the deal with the "this is the last memorial" comments from my JW?

by jambon1 52 Replies latest jw friends

• eby
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

"Unique opportunity"? What like every year is unique, or that 2014 is 100 years of special failure unique? Pure cult speak nonsense.

• Decided
    Decided

I can't believe I've missed 39 percent of them since 1914.

Ken P.

• finally awake
    finally awake

you could get hit by a bus before the next one...

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

If you were around in 1914 or knew someone who was, it is highly probable that this one will indeed be the last.

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

Same old, same old.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

They live in hope..............that's all they have.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Watchtower-Free

Where did you get this pic?

It's interesting how the Watchtower Corporation had relatively easy access to such lavish freemason-owned venues as Prince Albert Hall. This freemason-owned facility was also the venue for the two largest freemason meetings ever held in England (1887 and 1897)... Prince Albert's son (Albert Edward) was actually a Grandmaster who presided over both of these meetings... (now let the ridiculous comments about extra-terrestrial lizards begin)

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

I made it I'm CSF

• dozy
    dozy

I remember a JW pioneer we were giving a lift home to being really excited when the final speaker at the District Convention said something about being unsure about next years assembly date and whether there even would be one. "The Governing Body must think Armageddon is coming this year" she was saying. That was probably about 20 years ago now. I really don't know how JWs manage to keep their expectation levels so high when they have been let down so many times.

I think especially with it being 2014 , maybe some JWs think it is time for the big A.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit