I think my D.O. Is a closet apostate. References Stanford Prison Study and hints he sometimes disagrees with the Branch

by kneehighmiah 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

"For those visiting what Im about to say in this talk I cannot back up or explain, so ask your teacher."

For a DO to be that honest that he can't explain 1914, 1919 (and maybe, I wonder, if he would include 'overlapping generations' also?) is being way too 'honest' for the GB to accept. (Unless, he later qualifies that he couldn't 'explain' only due to the 'time factor' required for his talk?) Anyway, for so many JWs there to respond so favorably to him, indicates that they too can't or are not comfortable with anyway for them to explain. The brothers and sisters would find that very relieving to themselves, that a DO can't explain it either.

Also, the "ask your teacher," is this his clue to any Bible Studies, to ask the one studying with them, a clue that they would no doubt find very difficult for them and perk up questioning minds.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

I talked to a friend in foreign language and he said that their D.O. explained in depth 1914 and 1919 in their talk. Has anyone else had the "who is rocking the nations and how" talk yet? I want to know if discussing the dates is part of the outline.

Our DO repeated when we were about to discuss the dates "this is the part I won't explain (this time he didn't say can't). You can ask your teacher or research it later." Then he said in 1914 blah blah blah happened. Then in 1919 blah blah. People got arrested a convention happened blah blah. All in about 2 minutes or less.

• done4good
    done4good

Maybe I'm wrong about this guy? If so, he walking on thin ice!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

(Unless, he later qualifies that he couldn't 'explain' only due to the 'time factor' required for his talk?)

This sounded very plausible to me, the DO is just saying that he doesn't want to spend the time on it. It does take a while to properly explain 1914.

• bjc2read
    bjc2read

This is an update...

This link shows the Governing Body has serious problems with people in-the-know, JWs at the top level of authority, at Bethel. All we have to do is just "connect the dots."

See below:

This was just posted [a day ago] on JW.Net...

See Link: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/276118/1/The-Last-BOE#.UyY4x6hdWSo

Quote:

This is the last BOE we will be able to provide. Our informant or source, was caught, disfellowshipped, and thrown out of Bethel. We knew that sooner or later the Watchtower would find him out. Well, we have done the best we could. The BOE emailing list will now be deleted. Perhaps someone else will be able to provide the documents that expose so much about the Watchtower. . . .
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

KAIK:

It may very well be a trap, and I tend to agree with you and would not trust anybody who talks like him. He may be for real but I would be suspicious and say nothing. In this religion, you cannot confide in anybody in the congregations. Too many rat-finks there.

I suspect he may be used as a "lure" to get doubting people in the congregation to come up to him and privately open up and spill their guts about what they feel is wrong with the religion. Then they will get pounced on and may be convinced (depending on whether they have family there, etc.) to open up and confess if they know of anybody ELSE there who may feel the same way!

I smell a rat.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

I believe the recent changes have been made to root out many closet apostate D.O.s.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/277244/1/BOE-District-Overseers-CONFIDENTIAL#.UytTvahdUXE

I doubt they will actually be reassigned to circuit work. In our area 2 circuits were recently dissolved. This means they have less circuits than before. Most of these guys will be reassigned to a congreagation so they can fade into obscurity. The GB can then excersice more control by sending out thier groomed HQ representatives to all assemblies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit