I think my D.O. Is a closet apostate. References Stanford Prison Study and hints he sometimes disagrees with the Branch

by kneehighmiah 46 Replies latest jw friends

• bjc2read
  • bjc2read
    bjc2read

Hi kneehighmiah

You said:

Ok I'm in the bathroom posting this.

The D.O. just said during the. talk "For those visiting what Im about to say in this talk I cannot back up or explain, so ask your teacher." Wow.

I hope this didn't blow the cover of him or I. Please delete it if it's too revealing.

I was wondering, what topic was he (District Overseer) talking about at the time, that the inquiring person was to ask his "teacher" about? Do you remember?

Thanks,

bjc

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

It was the public address about Jehovah rocking the nations. He said that he could not back up or explain the dates 1914 or 1919 but if they had questions ask their teacher. He also said he didn't know why we translated the word as "rocking". It clearly should be translated as shaking or shaken. He told us to use the JW app to look up alternative translation and see why we corrected it.

• bjc2read
    bjc2read

Hi "Kneehighmiah":

You said:

It was the public address about Jehovah rocking the nations. He said that he could not back up or explain the dates 1914 or 1919 but if they had questions ask their teacher...

What?!?

Are you kidding me?

He [District Overseer at the Assembly] actually said from the platform publicly,

"...he could not back up or explain the dates of 1914 or 1919, but if they had questions ask their teacher."

That's nothing short of incredible!!!

Wow!

Thanks, for relating that huge bit of news from the assembly.

bjc

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

I am not impressed by a DO or CO who can parrot a Bible Dictionary but the Witnesses who don't study their literatrash, they are easily impressed and would not know if the DO was telling them in Greek, "You are fools!"

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Its only a matter of time before a zealous CO or wannabe CO turns his ass in. This org rewards "snitching" behavior. This DO sounds like an awesome guy but he'd better watch his ass very carefully if he wants to remain in his free room and board job for much longer.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

the buzz he generated was huge. Everyone I talked to after the program mentioned how we needed more brothers like him. After the program the friends swarmed him. If they were to give him the AX many people would be upset. Just like the Pharisees, they too are scared of the crowd. The crowd just hasn't realized yet how much power they actually have. I feel things will come to a head very soon. The singing was unispired, the applause very tepid and short as another poster mentioned. The only thing people enjoyed were this D.O.s talks.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Everyone I talked to after the program mentioned how we needed more brothers like him.

Fantastic news, thanks for this.

they too are scared of the crowd. The crowd just hasn't realized yet how much power they actually have.

A very common mistake.

• bjc2read
    bjc2read

Hi "Kneehighmiah"

...more stunning news from the assembly!

You said:

the buzz he generated was huge. Everyone I talked to after the program mentioned how we needed more brothers like him. After the program the friends swarmed him. If they were to give him the AX many people would be upset. Just like the Pharisees, they too are scared of the crowd. The crowd just hasn't realized yet how much power they actually have. I feel things will come to a head very soon. The singing was unispired, the applause very tepid and short as another poster mentioned. The only thing people enjoyed were this D.O.s talks.

That's incredible! Simply amazing! Shocking, even!

If you can, you may want to stick close to this thread, since some of us here, may want you to "keep-us-posted" on the latest in your circuit and in your local congregation, after a talk like that from your D.O. I mean, he might have just as well as come out and point-blank told the brothers at the assembly, that he simply didn't believe 1914 or 1919 anymore. It wouldn't have been any more shocking, I don't think.

In fact, I'm wondering what the "friends" will be saying when they get back home to their local congregations and all. Also, what the elders will make out of it. I mean, this is a very strange set of circumstances you are eye-witnessing, I believe, to say the least. A District Overseer just coming right out and saying what he did, in the public before thousands of JWs. Wow!

We may need you to let us know, what's the climate like among the "brothers" AFTER hearing something like that at the assembly. (I know you can't tell it all, like names, exact places, etc. but, still general facts will help out immensely.)

That way, we can keep this thread "alive" because of its importance. I'm sure many here (I know I do) would certainly like a "follow-up" on this story, if possible. To learn what the "mood" of the congregation (and circuit) is like, after a talk like that.

Can you do that for us?

Many thanks,

bjc

• kaik
    kaik

I would not believe one word that would come from D.O. as a good intention. These people are trained for years in deceptions and lies, and they have no shame to put upfront a criticism of the FDS as a mask to uncover unhappy JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit