BOE Letter: We want to suck three hours out of your life

by pixel 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

UK - Get ready to receive a letter from across the pond telling all the faithful to congregate in Assembly Halls and Kingdom Halls the following day, in order to watch a special © 3 hour recording of Glorious Ones telling them to listen, OBEY, and be fleeced!

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

You don't suppose there will be "new light" at this meeting? Or maybe some new information like they did with the new bible, broadcast it around the world. It has to be something of great importance to be doing this, especially when they bring people from other countries and the Governing Body is there.

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

Good Post Pixel! "I VWANT TO SUC YOUR LIFE FORCE DRY" COUNT MORRIS

SAVJ: Do you remember the Watchtower that mentioned Sir Isaac Newton predicting 1914 and 2042 as possible End Time Dates? The Overlapping Generation would end in 2042, by than if the End has not come, only than can we call the Watchtower a "Total Failure of a Prophet", why do you think the Watchtower quoted from a book about Sir Isaac Netwons interpreations? They were trying to put themselves near the one of the five smartest men history tells of. Was it 2042 or 2043 Newton said looked like a possible End Date?

http://www.thepropheticyears.com/comments/countdown_to_second_coming.htm

• rebel8
    rebel8

Gotta hand it to them for the marketing techniques. Selling the same slice of day-old bread to the same people every day, and making them excited about it, requires a lot of skill.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Rebel 8,

Carl Sagan seemed to disagree with you regarding the GB skills

Doctrines that make no predictions are less compelling than those which make correct predictions; they are in turn more successful than doctrines that make false predictions.

But not always. One prominent American religion [Jehovah's Witnesses, of course] confidently predicted that the world would end in 1914. Well, 1914 has come and gone, and -- while the events of that year were certainly of some importance -- the world does not, at least so far as I can see, seem to have ended. There are at least three responses that an organized religion can make in the face of such a failed and fundamental prophecy. They could have said, "Oh, did we say '1914'? So sorry, we meant '2014.' A slight error in calculation. Hope you weren't inconvenienced in any way." But they did not. They could have said, "Well, the world would have ended, except we prayed very hard and interceded with God so He spared the Earth." But they did not. Instead, they did something much more ingenious.

They announced that the world had in fact ended in 1914, and if the rest of us hadn't noticed, that was our lookout. It is astonishing in the face of such transparent evasions that this religion has any adherents at all. But religions are tough. Either they make no contentions which are subject to disproof or they quickly redesign doctrine after disproof. The fact that religions can be so shamelessly dishonest, so contemptuous of the intelligence of their adherents, and still flourish does not speak very well for the tough-mindedness of the believers. But it does indicate, if a demonstration were needed, that near the core of the religious experience is something remarkably resistant to rational inquiry.

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

I dont understand. Is it 2 days 3 hours, each? Or 2 days 1.5 hours each? Or 1 day for 3 hours?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I would think various Congo's will be invited to attend either saturday or Sunday to watch a three Bloody hour ! programme. They can't squeeze all the breathlessly excited R&F in on one day, so they show the same thing twice.

Of course, the R&F will be expected to be out in F.S on the day they do not attend, thus their whole weekend is f****d.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I dont understand. Is it 2 days 3 hours, each? Or 2 days 1.5 hours each? Or 1 day for 3 hours?

I suspect it will be something like the Annual Meeting: a three-hour long program Saturday morning that will be simulcast live to Ass Halls, followed by a series of rebroadcasts over the balance of the weekend.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

What in the world is a "branch visit" for the United States.....when the main hub is already in the United States? Don't you "visit" a place you don't already live?

problemaddict ...

I had the same question. It does seem odd.

Also, for the Spanish, does this mean that they will be broadcasting an FM signal in each location? If so, that could be interesting. You could have your headphones in and listen to whatever you want (of course, clap when everyone else claps, nod your head and smile).

Rub a Dub

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Waste of time to be there. Too bad for them it is November 8 and 9, 2014, around 6 weeks before Saturn enters Sagittarius. And even then, it is going to retrograde back into Scorpio for 3 months June 15-September 18, 2015 when it enters Sagittarius and means business. I intend to stay on top of what is going on in the organization while waiting for Saturn to reach Sagittarius, allowing the hounders and/or the dingbat that dragged me into the cancer [last time Saturn was in Sagittarius] more favorable astrology to work with. Thus, with Saturn still in Scorpio, there is no way they are getting me to this half-day a$$embly or to get me to waste my money (with which I need to buy more silver before the dollar becomes toilet paper, also forecast with Saturn in Sagittarius) on donations.

Yes, joke-hova, I am using astrology to at least predict your next move and its timing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit