BOE Letter: We want to suck three hours out of your life

by pixel 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pixel
    pixel

TO ALL CONGREGATIONS IN THE UNITED STATES BRANCH TERRITORY Re: Branch visit in November 2014

Dear Brothers:

On February 11, 2014, the Bethel family was excited to learn that a branch visit is sched- uled for the United States. The dates for this visit are November 3, 2014, through November 10, 2014. Brothers from several countries and members of the Governing Body will share in serving as headquarters representatives. This visit will be beneficial and upbuilding to the Bethel family and to all of God’s people in the United States branch territory.

In this connection, we are happy to let you know that arrangements are being made for a special weekend program on Saturday, November 8, 2014, and Sunday, November 9, 2014, to be broadcast to locations throughout the branch territory in order for as many as possible to benefit from this branch visit. All locations will receive the program via audio/video tie-in. In addition to English, the program will also be heard in Spanish by those who have their own FM receiver and headphones.

This special program will include a summary of the Watchtower for that week, followed by other spiritually encouraging parts that will be presented by headquarters representatives and members of the U.S. Branch Committee. In all, the program will last approximately three hours. Further details will be provided in the near future regarding the location and time that congrega- tions will be invited to attend.

We are making you aware of this special week of activity in our branch territory so that you may make plans now to enjoy the rich spiritual blessings that we will receive. (Deut. 16:15) Please accept an expression of our warm Christian love and greetings.

Yes, 3 hours to hear the same thing. How sad.

• suavojr
    suavojr

I have a questiond dear GB, does this mean that Christ will not bring the big A in October? How many more years do we have for the overlapping generation? How many more months before the GT and the big A? Are we there yet?

• pixel
    pixel

Brother Suavojr, let me remind you that the All-Stars-Headquaters is schedule to be completed in about 3 years. So, no Big A before that. Now, you have to give us some time for us to enjoy our All-Stars-Headquaters for a couple of years, so, give or take, big A can come in about...10 years. Or we re-do the Overlapping Generation thing.

Signed,

The Big 8 At Crooklyn (For now, until we move to Warkwick).

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Aren't we SPECIAL! (that word SPECIAL appears 3 times in this letter)

As we all knew when the GB decided to eliminate the SAD and "shorten" the CA's to 1 day, they would create a SPECIAL "new and exciting" way have an 'all day' (aka 3 hour) session. It will be a 'SPECIAL' Branch visit or the AGM or something else "SPECIAL" to occupy our time. I will not be attending! November is football season here in the USA!

Just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

They are indeed laying it on thick in this, the 100-Year Anniversary of the Invisible Kingdom.

First the Annual Meeting w/"New" Bible; then the International Conventions this summer; "special" campaigns for "memorial season" (DUCK SEASON!!! WABBIT SEASON!!!!) and something during the summer, too; the super-duper building project in USNY; now this.

How long can they maintain the fog-and-mirrors/endless treadmill of activity before people get antsy?

PIXEL - thank you for posting this. My wife is always impressed I know the content of these letters before they are read!

• KateWild
    KateWild

This is all about worshipping the GB. They will be the center of attention and enjoying all the addulation and praise. it makes me sick. I wonder how big the attendance will be? Especially with all the link up and Spanish attendees.

Bluggggghhhh Kate xx

• pixel
    pixel

BoC, thanks! You can tell your wife that you can see the future. Lol.

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

What I dont understand is...........................

If the Big-A is so close why not hang around and take over a whole load of buildings from the leftovers. Eg the white house [dats resoived for Toni da Toid ] or Capitol Hill or the Pentagon etc

As it is some R+F have already put their tags on worldly real estate post-Big A!

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Yeugh!!! I'd rather stay home and clean the john.

• Gayle
    Gayle

So, this is all the best they could come up with for their 'Centennial;' two days, 1 1/2 hrs each day?, of which includes the common weekly WT summary. Maybe some stats of great increases in 'RVs' and "Pioneers?" Wow, I wonder what biblical symbolism will the GB conjure up about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit