Being an Atheist Is Bad For Your Health

by Space Madness 71 Replies latest jw friends

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

space madeness, I agree with most of what you have said regarding what Durkheim says about the link between atheism and suicide but disagree about the link between education and suicide - Take native american youths for example - the suicide rate is very high in this group when they leave their religion and particularly when they turn to substance abuse whereas school enjoyment and academic success actually protects against suicide (Religion and Suicide ....Atheism Agnosticism- Lizardi and Gearing 2009) overall they indicate that greater religiousity is associated with decreased risk of suicide behaviour.

protestants have the highest risk but not as high as atheists

muslims and jews have the lowest. Catholics are in between protestants and muslims/ jews

edit: you haven't mentioned age group and health related factors that the atheist participants were asked about as some statistics are based on the fact that 95% of self identified atheists say they prefer physican assisted suicide in end of life care and end of life suffering. Is this what your statistics mean by "suicide".

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

Space, what's keeping you from returning, the lack of love and intense hatred and judging I do not miss. I am sorry so much of your life is still stuck in JW-Land, if you have family activily practicing this Cult, that's a tough one! I hope they treat you better than the way we treated the inactive and weak members in the Halls I attended, love is limited and most kids never fit in the Cult Scene, Little Kingdom Hall Shop of Horrors.

Space there has to be a better way, when you find it please share with me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit