ALL JW's to be at the meeting this week...

by Newly Enlightened 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

We have heard that it was announced this past Sunday that everyone needs to be at the meeting this week for a letter to be read. Has anyone else heard this? Or have any ideas about what it is about?

We asked this person if it could be aqbout the terminology change and they said that was already read last week.....

We remember the last time they did this. Got everyone all excited thinking the Big "A" was coming and all it was about, was the literature would now be donated instead of charging for it.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

No idea what it is but it'll be pathetic whatever it is.

• Londo111
    Londo111

marked

• cult classic
    cult classic

No idea what it is but it'll be pathetic whatever it is.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Circuit assemblies to be only 1 day now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBNxGZP49ls

• Splash
    Splash

Yes Gayle, it's bound to be that.

And the new names for Distric Assemblies etc.

It will all be forgotten in a week or two.

Splash.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

If you haven't already had the announcement about organizational changes, then that's what it is about.

Doc

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

My guesses: Distributing flyers to direct people to www.jw.org, discontinueing printing of the simple editions of the Watchtower/Awake!, donate more, and/or asking for more volunteers to help build the new HQ because the end is soooo sooon.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• steve2
    steve2

I do recall the thrill of special meetings in the late 1970s - although I became preoccupied by elders who meandered casually out the back during the supposedly important announcements. I guess if you're accustomed to parading on the platform and you don't have a part on the special meeting, it must be awfully anti climactic. Oh, and the numbers of attendees who needed to go to the bathroom during the presentations! Come on people: Surely you can control those bladders longer without the constant moving around during these important meetings! Ican only imagine how much more casual and bored-minded things have become since then.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They already read the letters about the "regional conventions" a week ago. Perhaps it's a rumor? I can't believe that we have not be informed of this, if it's a new "uber-specialdy-duper" announcement.. Let me guess, the "Special Talk" is entitled...........drum roll..... " Is it REALLY later than you thought it was last time??"

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit