The purpose of changing JW names, titles and terms

by gingerbread 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Scary

Anyone want to do some back-calls ? I'll run and get my green bible .

Can we meet with the circuit servant or congregation overseer and follow the suggestions in the 'kingdom service'?

Are you ready for the written review?

• The Song Remains The Same
    The Song Remains The Same

Going back up to Blondie's quote, and a little off-topic I know, but doesn't this conflict with, and thus prove, what is on jw.org FAQ is quite simply a lie?

*** w62 10/1 p. 580 “Please Say Shibboleth” ***“

♦ “Sibboleth” for “Shibboleth” may not now seem consequential, but at the fords of the Jordan it meant the difference of life and death. Right religion may not seem important to you now, but at Armageddon it will mean your life.—Judg. 12:5, 6.

vs;

Do You Feel That You Are the Only People Who Will Be Saved?

No. Many millions who lived in centuries past and who weren’t Jehovah’s Witnesses will have an opportunity for salvation. The Bible explains that in God’s promised new world, “there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.” (Acts 24:15) Additionally, many now living may yet begin to serve God, and they too will gain salvation. In any case, it’s not our job to judge who will or won’t be saved. That assignment rests squarely in Jesus’ hands.—John 5:22, 27.

I think this FAQ has been picked over enough in the past in terms of its truthfulness, but it struck me that the quote mentioned hammered the real stance home quite well. The only defence would be that 1962 was a long time ago and New Light has taken over?

The Song

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

My dad worked in accounting at the Conventions for many years. He showed me recently that only brothers with special colored stickers on the back of their convention badges were allowed access to the $ counting room.

When anyone approached the convention 'office' they had to lift the badge and show the attendents (guards) at the door the stickers. Different stickers allowed access to different areas of the guarded office.

The structure of the inner workings of the Org. are clubby and secret in ways the publisher never realizes. Information is also given out (to quote the JW rule) on a "need to know basis".

ginger

• designs
    designs

ginger- I worked the security detail for accounting at one of the District conventions. We had walkie-talkies to alert security further down the tunnels when anyone approached.

An NFL player who was part of the team that played at that Stadium came into the tunnel, big guy almost blocked the light. I radioed ahead that a "300 pounder was coming through" when the player got close to me he quiped- "that's 315" lol

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

He showed me recently that only brothers with special colored stickers on the back of their convention badges were allowed access to the $ counting room.

Yes, heaven forbid the room with money have a modest security measure

Anyone want to do some back-calls ? I'll run and get my green bible .

I love the idea of some ex-Witnesses going door-to-door and placing literature from the '70s and teaching what JWs believed in the '70s. Of course they have to dress like it's the '70s too. Could cause some major confusion for the local congregation. Heck, why stop at the '70s? Maybe the '40s, or the 1890s!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Hey Agno, what about I go back to preaching what was current when I left, what on earth could they do ?

No one has told me about all the Doctrine changes since I left, so I am hardly being an Apostate, you cannot step aside from beliefs you never held.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

There is a good quote about change...."Since we cannot change reality, let us change the eyes which see reality." This is the MO of the organization. The changes are for change sake, nothing more. It is an attempt at impressing upon the R&F that the organization is progressive. "GOD's chariot keeps moving! If you aren't active, then it's leaving you behind!"

I have already heard mention of these changes in the banter that I come across with witnesses who decided long ago that every conversation must be about the ORG. Conversationalists...they are not!

This whole thing reminds me of the government. The higher ups question the middle management about their purpose and why they middle management exists at all. Middle management, in turn, makes some suggestion that sound like they are cutting-edge and state-of-the-art, progressive might be a better word. The higher-ups, easily swayed due to their own questionable abilities and talents, agree that the suggestions might have merit. The middle managers implement the change to justify their existence. The underlings, always somewhat more realistic, see through the facade of creativity, recognizing the change for change's sake. It is a lesson in futility.

What I have learned is...the ORG has to keep the R&F impressed that they are doing something! After all, you can't have all your needs taken care of by people that are barely getting by and have nothing to show for it. Otherwise, you just come across as a 40-something unmarried son that can't seem to keep a job and plays HALO all day long in the basement!!!

SOP

• scary21
    scary21

Phizzy...back in the 70's there was an older sister that always said rendezvous. She was a hoot ! I wonder if she would fit in with the "listen obey and be blessed" JW's of today.

Wasn't the Make sure of all things green too ?

Apognaphos.... I love the way you think. Picture someone walking down the street dressed in a leisure suit carrying the green bible and a Make sure book with some old 32 page WT's.............too funny someone should do a you-tube video showing them at the door talking OLD LIGHT HaHA hahahaha Explaining about the 144,000 is the FDS handing down the light from one generation to the next all through time from the 1st century on.

Sherry

• 4thgen
    4thgen

Could all these changes be part of the religion trying to reinvent themselves and distance themselves from failed promises? A vain attempt to put lipstick on a sow. Gb.1 may have actually believed what they preached. Gb.2 is all about power, damage control and getting $$$$ into the corporation.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

scary21 - "Picture someone walking down the street dressed in a leisure suit carrying the green bible and a Make sure book with some old 32 page WT's.............too funny someone should do a you-tube video..."

...with the BeeGees' Stayin' Alive playing over the whole thing...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit