The purpose of changing JW names, titles and terms

by gingerbread 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

*** w62 10/1 p. 580 “Please Say Shibboleth” ***“

♦ “Sibboleth” for “Shibboleth” may not now seem consequential, but at the fords of the Jordan it meant the difference of life and death. Right religion may not seem important to you now, but at Armageddon it will mean your life.—Judg. 12:5, 6.

*** w56 5/1 p. 277 par. 11 Accurate Knowledge to Please Jehovah ***

To meet that Christian standard you need a clear understanding of the truth. Certainly we do not want to be like the forty-two thousand Ephraimite fighters against Jephthah whose very speech betrayed that they were not on his side, although they firmly protested that they were not from the enemy camp. When asked to say the password “Shibboleth” the best they could do was say “Sibboleth.” It was similar, but not the same. They lost their lives. Today, too, what the clergy of Christendom teach may sound quite like what Jehovah’s witnesses teach; that is, to those not well acquainted with the Bible. But when one’s ears are attuned to the pure ring of truth through accurate knowledge, those who love the truth take their stand with those who are fighting to uphold true worship.—Judg. 12:1-6.

• bobld
    bobld

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

remember the book study

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Someone oughta give that chariot a speeding ticket

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

sparrowdown: Someone oughta give that chariot a speeding ticket

You can't get a speeding ticket for going nowhere with zero velocity!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Right religion may not seem important to you now, but at Armageddon it will mean your life.

It this is true, you better not be a JW!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Very true Oubilette.

But for a chariot that aint goin anywhere it has left behind a lot of bodies with chariot wheel marks up there back.

As for me I think it ran over me then stopped reversed and did a donut on my head. Mongrel chariot driver.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Just a way to make the witlesses feel they are getting something new when in fact, it is nothing. Going back to calling them "circuit assemblies" when they are in fact the nurfed one-day Big Boasting Sessions makes them think they are getting buffed on the a$$emblies when instead they are being nurfed. They associate "circuit assembly" with the two-day Great Boasting Sessions. This, to me, is dishonest because they are thinking four-days total when they are getting only 2. And still they waste the time--I bet on field circus.

Other new terms are also intended to freshen up things without providing new fun. Calling the Grand Boasting Session a "regional" instead of "district" assembly makes those participating in them think they are going to somehow be different. This is no better than clean-labeling monosodium glutamate so it says "spice" or "natural flavor" instead. Because that's what they are getting. The old spiritual monosodium glutamate is exactly the same as the new spiritual monosodium glutamate, even if it is now labeled "spices". And notably, they don't add any features worth adding--such as Christmas.

• scary21
    scary21

Anyone want to do some back-calls ? I'll run and get my green bible . lol

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Shall we meet at the Rendezvous Scary ? I will bring my "Make Sure" in case we are asked a Bible question.

• bruh2012
    bruh2012

"Wash vs. War-shh" it's all the same!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit