R U disfellowshipped 2

by DFshipped 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• I<3MYGod
    I<3MYGod

I am DF'ed and so grateful for it. It's been about 8-9yrs since it happened. It was wrong the way it was done. The elders threatened me repeatedly and then held the meeting without me and decided upon themselves to make the decision to DF me and so it was done and my life has forever changed for the better. I really should look them up and send them a Thank You card. :)

Since then I have married a wonderful man, had a total change of heart and found an amazing church. I was recently baptized for REAL and I was not pushed into it, I was not harassed by family or "friends" to do it. I actually feel loved and welcome and needed by the people that I am surrounded with. I look forward to any and every chance that I have to be at worship and the service. I can't say that there was ever a time that I wanted to be at a KH or an assembly. Now I pray daily. I actually love God now and I see all that he does for me. I was forced to pretend that I loved God. What a sad 25 yrs that was, I was missing out on the greatest relationship on my life.

I never want to return to a place that shuns people when they make a mistake, even if it is "to keep the flock clean" - How is taking away any and all encouragement or help a good thing? If your child falls down and makes a mistake, do you shoe them away afraid that you might also make the same mistake or do you help pick them up and hold them tight to you and show them unconditional love and help them back onto the right path?? I have seen the hypocrisy that surrounds JW and the religion and I want nothing ever to do with it again.

• cantleave
    cantleave

A Miracle has occured, the resurrection of a 9 year old thread.

l<3mygod Welcome aboard JWN. Stay DF'd and move on with your real life........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit