R U disfellowshipped 2

by DFshipped 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• DFshipped
    DFshipped

Hi people
    I am a df'd person hoping to return to the fold. I am not critical of the decision to df me nor of the loving organization I believe to be in the palm of Jesus hand.
    I would find it most encouraging to hear from others who feel the same and would like to "hold hands" on the way back.
    This board is hailed as a supportive respectful place so if you do not fit this description may I ask you to move on and not hinder the participants here in following their God given right to pursue their goal. I for one would appreciate it.
    Thanks all.
    PS Feel free to email me.

• Snowball
    Snowball

I have no intention of hindering you. If you want to go back thats your perfect right. I am curious though if you have spent any of your time away actually researching the WT religion. I've done my homework, and I AINT goin back! Can you truly say you've done yours?

• larc
    larc

DF,

Have you gone to Witness On Line? There might be a much higher percent of "like minded" people" on that discusssiona board. You started the same subject here on Feb. 1, and got most of our ideas, I think.

• DFshipped
    DFshipped

Hi Snowball
    Thanks for the reply.
    Yes I have done a tremendous amount of research and it all convinces me more and more about where I an to be. So much of the criticism I have read has been contradicted by other critics, this makes them questionable. A ton more though tends to rely on hearsay or based on an associated witnesses comments and actions, this would be the wrong measure to use.
    I appreciate your comments.

Larc
    As I understand it WOL is available for bona fide witnesses, which I am not.
    I did get a good response on the db and privately, but as you can see above, I did not get everyones comments. So if you have no objection I will periodically post as I did here.

Edited by - dfshipped on 18 February 2001 5:5:21

• larc
    larc

DF,

You said you did a lot of reserch and a lot of it is hearsay. Have you read Crises of Conscience by Ray Franz. It appears to be pretty credible to me. Also, have you read Russell and Rutherford's books? If so, I would be interested in your reaction to them.

As far as your posting, have at it. You certainly don't need my permission.

• DFshipped
    DFshipped

Dear Larc
    That is an interesting question. I would like to make 3 points.

1. My opening comments and request have been totally ignored and disrespected by yourself. I am not about to be drawn into more than my stated purpose on this thread.
    2 Your attempt to draw meout in this way in not appropriate by the design of this db. You will have noticed that the forum is " Making new friends" I described the type of person I would like to make friends with via this forum. Perhaps you could post your question under an appropriate heading in an appropriate forum? Call it instinct but I do gut feeling that you are not of the mind described by me in my opening comments.
    3 Yes I have done lots of research, enought to satisfy me that there is a place I want to be. So to have your question answered in the most blatant way, please read the stated purpose of my thread here.
    Could it be clearer?

Dear Everyone else : Please feel free to reply to my thread here, on the db or privately. Here is what I said :

I am a df'd person hoping to return to the fold. I am not critical of the decision to df me nor of the loving organization I believe to be in the palm of Jesus hand.

I would find it most encouraging to hear from others who feel the same and would like to "hold hands" on the way back.

This board is hailed as a supportive respectful place so if you do not fit this description may I ask you to move on and not hinder the participants here in following their God given right to pursue their goal. I for one would appreciate it.

Thanks all.

• Snowball
    Snowball

Dear DFshipped,

Thanx for the lucid answer. Its good to se that you have done your homework. There are plenty of DFd ones who go back without ever really asking themselves the important questions about the validity of the whole sect. I agree with you too that there are PLENTY of critics who appear to have no idea what they are talking about, or are just plain crazy. I just shake at my head at some of the argumentation used by many dogmatticcally trinitarian JW critics.

Nevertheless, it seems our paths of research have led us to opposite directions. If you are convinced in your decision, then godspeed to you! Dont think there arent times when I wish the events that led to my ousting never happened. I actually enjoyed being a JW, and didnt experience some of the nightmares that others have. I enjoyed being an MS in a warm and loving congregation. But there is no way I could go back now, even for just the social aspect. I simply do not believe them anymore and I refuse to live my life pretending to believe them.
    But I respect your decision because you have put in the effort to know for yourself. All I ask is that, when you get back in, please be a part of the solution...not of the problem. I think you know what I mean.

Sincerely,
    Snowball

• DFshipped
    DFshipped

Dear Snowball
    Thanks for your comments. I respect both your feelings on the issue and your courage in expressing them.
    I think I do know what you mean, and will remember your words if I am able to return.
    I too hope the very best for you and hope you find happiness.
    Sincerely

• mommy
    mommy

DFshipped,
    You know I support what you are doing. But I just had a thought. Is it "legal" for 2 dfshipped individuals to talk? I mean what would the elders say if they found out you had a email box full of dfshipped people? And if you do have them, and are reinstated are you going to delete them? It really isn't my business but I thought I would ask what your thoughts are on this.
    wendy

• larc
    larc

Mommy,

I can't speak for DF or what the rules are today, but years ago you certainly could. My mother was disfellowshiped because she couldn't quit smoking. (At one time it was frowned upon, but not a disfellowshiping offense.) After her disfellowshiping, she felt more comfortable talking to me, even though I was never disfellowshiped. I simply became inactive and there were really no grounds for them to do anything.

Also, on a logical basis, Mommy, it seems to me that if two people are disfellowshiped, there is nothing more that the Society can do, since they are both out already, so the two disfellowshiped parties should be free to fellowship with each other with no further consequences. At least, that's how I see it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit