Should I Make My Wife Watch the May Broadcast?

by TTATTelder 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

When your wife says if there are problems Jehovah will reveal them, ask her what that would look like, how he would reveal them.

The idea is to try to help her to think beyond the WT slogans and platitudes.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I don't think you should directly point out your own reactions to the video. Instead:

"Wow, I am concerned interested ones may misinterpret this. As The Society has said for over 100 years, we do not ask for money. That is a mark of Babylon The Great. You can even find that message consistently stated throughout the literature 100 years ago, through the 1980s televangelist scandals, and up 'til now. Those televangelists had mansions and enormous, expensive churches that weren't needed. No, we're not like the other churches.

"Although Bro. Lett says this in the video, he later mentions how expensive the new _(unnecessary thing)___ costs and that they really want donations. He doesn't really make a case for why the ___(unnecessary, expensive, ridiculous planned purchase)___is really important. I'm so concerned interested ones will think we are the same as other churches."

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

TTATTElder: well if there are problems then jehovah will reveal them in time... There are many examples of problems in Jehovah's organization in the past

Maybe Jehovah IS revealing them in our time, right now!

In the past, many times the kings, Pharisees and others were corrupt and did NOT have Jehovah's approval. You wouldn't want to have been on the wrong side of that then and we most certainly don't want to be on the wrong side of it now.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

OUBLIETTE: Maybe Jehovah IS revealing them in our time, right now!

In the past, many times the kings, Pharisees and others were corrupt and did NOT have Jehovah's approval. You wouldn't want to have been on the wrong side of that then and we most certainly don't want to be on the wrong side of it now.

Yep! That's what Russell said. When Jehovah cuts off the funding, it's time to stop.

Perhaps instead of begging on TV, they should be praying in their "upper room" on Wednesdays so that Jehovah may reveal to them why they have lost his favor! Is it not abundantly clear to everyone that he is NOT supporting them in their decisions? What have they done to lose Jehovah's blessing and his Spirit?

Doc

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity
    Funny you talked about TV in your OP. JWs banning the Smurfs might be something you remember. I think it has something to do with everytime the smurfs leave smurf village something bad happens. Same thing with the Hobbits and Lord of the Rings. JWs are little people who punish anyone who leaves their little smurf village to grow a beard and go on adventures.
  • SAHS
    SAHS

“Pete Zahut”: “It also was about never begging for money, in the literature, which so far hasn't happened" (to my knowledge.”

But, Pete, don’t forget that article they put in the WT at least every year about donating to the organization and all the various methods to go about it (wills, trusts, real estate, insurance policies, jewelry, etc.). Here is a link to yet the very latest example of what I mean: http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2014923

Enough said.

“OneEyedJoe”: “There are examples in the bible of god's organization going astray (mostly bad kings) but most of the time it resulted in the deaths of thousands”

That is an excellent point! Both with those Israelite kings who went “apostate” (plenty of them!) in the Old Testament and the arrogant, hypocritical Jewish religious leaders in the the New Testament, there were many thousands of deaths – of course, especially in that god-awful, viscous Old Testament! And that makes me think of the many thousands of human casualties – including the totally senseless deaths of young children and babies – due to the WTS’ cruel and unfounded blood transfusion policy. Well, like I said – excellent point!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit