Should I Make My Wife Watch the May Broadcast?

by TTATTelder 55 Replies latest jw friends

• millie210
    millie210
    ToesUp:
    We are like you, we know more now than when we were still in. Weird!!!!

Isnt it? Its pretty comical when you think about it...

• bobld
    bobld
    Sure watch it together however like a said before the R& F worship the slave and will agree with anything they say.Be very tactful and do not push hard because she will keep herself.She may see the light but will want to stick to the "so called truth" come hell or high water.
  • bradford
    bradford

I'm recently DA'd but my active mother still stays in touch because my dad was never a witness and hopes to "win him without a word."

Anyhow, I tried to ask her opinion on it and what people were saying out in service. She declined to comment for now but I'll keep working on it.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    Oh yes!!! Definetely watch it with her.
  • TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Thanks everybody. Your posts help a lot. I think I will watch it with her and gauge her reaction like jwfacts said. I'll try to sit on my hands as much as possible and let her take the lead down negative road. I'll keep the Russell quote in my back pocket. Also will check out "Going Clear" for future viewing with her.

I'll post here after the deed is done.

-TE

• bradford
    bradford

Be careful, you might want to slash your internet, eat poorly, sell your home, work part time, and give all you possibly can so the work can be accomplished.

As shocking as we found it on this forum, the excitement of current witnesses about this program is just as shocking. Or is it?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I agree with a few of the posts here that we watch them more. I honestly think they test people's faith and give them cd so they don't watch.

But clearly the board cast has changed the environment of the religion. I hear gb mentioned a lot more at congregation prayers.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Freemindfade:

But clearly the broadcast has changed the environment of the religion. I hear gb mentioned a lot more at congregation prayers.

I agree! I have even heard a prayer say: "we thankyou for the clear guidance you provide us through christs brothers the governing body, and pray you continue to put your words in their mouths"

I seriously kid you not!

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    stuckinarut2
    every meeting...
    I've never heard them mentioned so much, so much so in the meeting yesterday I wondered if the elder was awake secretly and being over the top.
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

As early as the second issue of the Watch Tower, in August 1879, Brother Russell stated: “‘Zion’s Watch Tower’ has, we believe, JEHOVAH for its backer, and while this is the case it will never beg nor petition men for support. When He who says: ‘All the gold and silver of the mountains are mine,’ fails to provide necessary funds, we will understand it to be time to suspend the publication.” Consistent with that, there is no begging for money in the literature of Jehovah’s Witnesses. - *** jv chap. 21 p. 340 How Is It All Financed? ***

I suppose a JW could say:

" Technically, Russell's statement above was specifically made about the magazine Zion's Watch Tower and never soliciting for the funds needed to print it.

It also was about never begging for money, in the literature, which so far hasn't happened" (to my knowledge.

Russell's statement was not referring to the petitioning of funds needed to support the other aspects of the kingdom work."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit