Should I Make My Wife Watch the May Broadcast?

by TTATTelder 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Sheesh you would think religion is very much about power, control and money oh wait !

Its pretty hard to make an evaluation onto someone you don't know or know of how deeply ingrained they are within a certain religious belief .

I would give it a shot anyways TTATTelder, at least it might add to the suggestion that this organization was built up by for men for men and people are being subjectively controlled and devoted toward them and their own self appealing means . Jehovah god was never with this religious publishing organization and you can solidly confirm that by simply reading the bible, paying particular focus on the words of Jesus Christ.

To become a "True" Christian you have to become one and the only way to do that is follow closely what "He"

says not what mere wanting self avowed men say.

• SAHS
    SAHS
    It would definitely be a good idea for you to play the May 2015 broadcast for your wife, but with a very important caveat – make sure that you first show her the promise by the WT’s founder, Charles Taze Russell, who wrote in the second edition of his Watch Tower of 1879: “‘Zion's Watch Tower’ has, we believe JEHOVAH for its backer, and while this is the case it will never beg nor petition men for support. When He who says: ‘All the gold and silver of the mountains are mine,’ fails to provide necessary funds, we will understand it to be time to suspend the publication.” Yes, definitely show her that!
  • nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I* have tangled with the idea myself. My husband has not watched or even knows about the jwtv as far as i know. I wrestled for months with the idea of getting a ruku ( I want to cancel cable and that is an excellent replacement) but of course jwtv is on there, so I kept wondering if i was opening a pandora's box. I got it anyway, and he still hasn't watched or (even knows about it being available through ruku)

This months episode I have gone back and forth about, not introducing the ruku channel, but to pull it up on jw.org and ask him to watch. Part of me is remaining silent and wants to remain silent. The reaction of his could be opposite from what I would want. I know that his indoctrination runs deep, even though he hasn't been studying or attending for close to two years now. he likely would refuse to watch it, but then get curious and go ahead to jw.org tv when I am not home.

To interfere/introduce or just leave alone. It's a hard thing to decide, especially when the outcome could just as well make things around here worse not better.

• Island Man
    Island Man
    What you could possibly do is review with her some old Watchtower literature criticizing churches of christendom for soliciting money from their flock. Then you can look up the meaning of the word solicit in the dictionary to make sure she understands what it means. Then you watch the May broadcast. lol.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great opening post!!

I am in a VERY similar situation!

I also know that my wife has not watched any of the broadcasts (we haven't even raised the topic...ie elephant in the room style)

BUT BE CAREFUL!!!

Those presentations are well designed to mentally and emotionally GRAB the hearts of the fencesitters and DRAG them back into the cult-mindset....

Only you know your wife...but if she is vulnerable to such manipulation, then the negative points of the video may be lost on her, and she may be influenced in a way you DONT want....

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

@stuck - "those presentations......designed to grab the hearts of the fencesitters....drag them back....."

LOL. Stuck have you been watching horror movies? The Ring comes to mind.

I don't remember Lett or any of the others wearing hypnotist spinning wheel spectacles.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hey Sparrow, I was referring to the slow speaking, and calming music and emotional appeals etc....

If some who watch are still believers in the GB being God's own representatives, then they can easily be drawn back in....

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    I know, sorry stuck, but you're just adorable when you go all serious.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Awww shucks....thanks....(I think?...hehe)

You are right...I do go "off" sometimes hey?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Yeah, I know right.

When you go off, I think "Whoa, down boy, dial down that righteous indignation a notch or two"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit