Barb Anderson--Front Page of the Tenn. paper

by VeniceIT 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Hilda,

So, your position is that we stand by and watch kids be molested for the next 100 years?

The children of Israel waited for over 100 years to be released from the ornerous grip of the mean ruler of Egypt and God finally heard their prayers.

Your analogy would leave one to think you equate the Governing Body with Pharoah of Egypt, yes, He too was hard of heart and was made lowly. So too shall the Society be made lowly for it's sins against children. WE are part of God's instrument in the chastisement of the Watchtower Society.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Hilda, I believe I know the facts in this case pretty well as I have been following it for some time. Apparently, you waited until you felt the need to protect mother to come running in and start following it.

You see, I do not just blanketly accept what anyone says to me. Being free of the dubs gives me that repsonsibility, unlike you all still clinging to your Watchtowers. But, I have been on the side that Bowen, Pandelas, and Anderson are on. Unjustly accused and set up by the "loving" brothers of the Kingdumb Hells. I was even falsely accused of molestation, but cleared of all charges by a quiet police investigation before I even knew I was accused. But you see, that is their job, to investigate and determine the merits of the charges. If the accused is coddled by the JWs and hidden away, how can there be any investigation by qualified investigators? Still, in many states, the Watchtower refuses to allow professionals access to those accused and many are actually molesting children, I am afraid. That needs to be changed and those advocating that change, for the betterment of chldren, are being persecuted.

You ask if only those in agreement with exJWs are allowed to voice their opinions. I leave it up to Simon since this is his site as to what we may or may not voice. But, I have the same freedom to point out your blatant hypocrisy and spin doctoring of events surrounding this issue, and will continue to do so. Your attacks of the Pandelas thinly disguised as innocent questions have not gone unnoticed. Nor has your attacks of Bill Bowen and your not so innocent statements against him. You should be appalled that the Watchtower hides these people away and support those who advocate change from within in this area. No one is asking for a witch hunt, just properly report these incidents and let trained professionals deal with the matter, not some suit wearing window washer calling himself a spiritual leader.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• HildaBingen
    HildaBingen

Dear Pat:

:Many people feel this is precisely the role of religion: "Everyone just sit quiet and be treated unjustly. The elite will take care of it in God's due time. You just go ahead and do our work for us and keep your little mouths shut. Don't think too much and don't disagree with us. We are God's representatives and you don't want to burn in hell/die at Armageddon, etc." This has kept people in submission for millenia and kept the kings, nobles, and priests in power.:

I will agree that this principle can be abused. But my thoughts are based on what the Hebrew prophets and the Bible tells me. You may want me to go against my Christian conscience and God. I cannot do that since Christ has touched my heart and soul. Trust is one of the primary forces in the universe, dear. Trust in Christ is also pragmatic.

:But now we live in democracies and religion's chokehold on humans is not as powerful. If the WT insists on it's totalitarian rule, it will go the way of the dinosaur. Already, the growth in industrialized nations has stopped. The only place they can convince people to follow them is developing nations who may be still used to people ordering them around. But that will change too.:

If God is backing JWs, then democracies or any other government cannot stop them or hold them down. Time will tell.

• HildaBingen
    HildaBingen

Dear loving Dakota:

I still have questions about Bowen's methods. Questions that have not been answered, friend.

:You ask if only those in agreement with exJWs are allowed to voice their opinions. I leave it up to Simon since this is his site as to what we may or may not voice. But, I have the same freedom to point out your blatant hypocrisy and spin doctoring of events surrounding this issue, and will continue to do so.:

Please do so. If there be any hypocrisy in me--I want it cleansed out of my bones ASAP.

:Your attacks of the Pandelas thinly disguised as innocent questions have not gone unnoticed. Nor has your attacks of Bill Bowen and your not so innocent statements against him. You should be appalled that the Watchtower hides these people away and support those who advocate change from within in this area. No one is asking for a witch hunt, just properly report these incidents and let trained professionals deal with the matter, not some suit wearing window washer calling himself a spiritual leader.:

When has the WT ever hidden any pedophiles away? You got some news? How can I support dissidents, D? You tell me. Somehow you expect Witnesses to abide by their principles in some form or fashion and also support those who not only advocate change in the area we are talking about but also spew out filth and lies and distortions about christ's potential body. We ain't falling for that nonsense, D.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I found these two lines from the Tennesean story very curious:

''What she (Anderson) alleges is not true at all,'' said J.R. Brown, a spokesman for the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York Inc., the incorporated name of the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Brown said he had been talking to Dateline about the show's story for a year but said he and other organization leaders did not know which members television producers had interviewed.

''We have no idea what she told Dateline,'' Brown said of Anderson.

If Junior Brown has no idea what Barbara told Dateline, how can he say that what she alleges is untrue?

- Nathan Natas, UADNA
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America)

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    When has the WT ever hidden any pedophiles away? You got some news?

Uh, isn't that what all this is about? Bill, the Pandelas and Barbara Anderson are the very ones pointing out they have been hiding them away for years. Their reward for trying to keep teh congregation clean and moral? To be thrown out like yesterdays trash.

How can I support dissidents, D? You tell me. Somehow you expect Witnesses to abide by their principles in some form or fashion and also support those who not only advocate change in the area we are talking about but also spew out filth and lies and distortions about christ's potential body. We ain't falling for that nonsense, D.
    Just who are the real dissidents? Those trying clean out the organization and actually follow Gods word, or those who try to hide it all away and pervert Gods word for their own benefit? You may question Bills motives and methods, but you haven't presented any alternative, other than the usual, "wait on Jehovah to correct matters." If all did that, maybe those imprisoned wrongfully in Germany over 50 years ago would still be there. Personally, I think God is working through Bill, Barbara and the Pandelas to bring this matter out and let it be properly dealt with. The Watchtower should embrace the changes advocated as it cleans up their headquarters and would show the world that they truly do make ever effort to be a morally clean organization. However, their stance to stonewall and persecute those who have been vicitmized shows that it is not God they are following, but someone else.

It hs been the Watchtower, for many years now, crying about the Catholic Church and their treatment of vicims and coddling pedophiles. Yet, with all their belly aching about it, they have been doing exactly the same thing. Now, the Catholics are trying to get themselves cleaned up and the Watchtower continues to stonewall and deny that anything has happened. Is the organization so sacred that they are that afraid of admitting they have problem and dealing with it? Are they so callous towards small children that they allow them to be vicitimized over and over and then, if they speak out, victimize them again? You should think about that.

Thank you for finally admitting you actually are a JW, even though you have been trying to act like some mystic all along. May I inquire why you felt the need to come here and try to deceive all as to what group you actually belong to?

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• Will Power
    Will Power
    If Junior Brown has no idea what Barbara told Dateline, how can he say that what she alleges is untrue?

she might have tried to predict the weather one day.

• ChristianObserver
    ChristianObserver

Hello :o)

J R Brown: "The consequences of excommunication are severe for a reason, Brown (WTS Representative) said. It is hoped that the harsh isolation that disfellowshipped members feel will draw them back to the organization."

How will such knowledge, now that it is out in the public domain, benefit the organisation? And it's the *organisation*, not God that he is talking about!

I didn't imagine that these reported statements of the spokesman for the WTBTS could become any more damaging for the *image* of the group as a whole than they already were, but I was incorrect.

Galatians 5 v 23: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Erm, did I miss something about *love* in J R Brown's statement?

• Will Power
    Will Power
    J R Brown: "The consequences of excommunication are severe for a reason, Brown (WTS Representative) said. It is hoped that the harsh isolation that disfellowshipped members feel will draw them back to the organization."

He's got a point! Blackmail must be severe to be effective. Isn't there a caesar law against that?

• Grunt
    Grunt

Hello Hilda,
    I am so glad you are here. You can learn a lot. You show a lot of courage in coming here against the Societies wishes and I am proud of you for that. One of the first things you will learn here is the real history of the Watchtower Society and your real role in it. For a group who pride themselves on knowing the Bible most Witnesses know so very little of it or even of their Organization's twisted view of it. You reflect this in your post. You seem to think you are somehow connected to Jesus Christ, here is what you said, "I cannot do that since Christ has touched my heart and soul." According to the Watchtower Society, Christ doesn't deal directly with you, but only through his "Channel" his "Brothers" the 144,000. All of your blessings will be "rendered" by them then applied to you. They will be blessed SO MUCH that it will overflow on you. But never forget, in the words of the society Jesus is their lawyer, not yours. I don't even really think you can be called a christian, just a friend of the Christians. You are an "alien resident" not a REAL Jew. Not trying to hurt your feelings but at the same time didn't want you getting all uppity and acting like Christ was YOUR mediator or something. According to them, he isn't. Got that? That is why you don't get to act like a Christian on Memorial and partake, the "real christians" will serve out his ransom to you and your ilk over a thousand years, ok? You are on probation, even after the end of "This System." Some of them even look forward to "Ruling you with an Iron Rod" in the words of our favorite "Big Tree of Rightousness" the poster called by the handle,You Know. There now, see you already learned something. Stick around, there's lots more. Sadly the real truth can be harsh and when all you have been seeing is smoke and mirrors the glare of direct information can scare you away. Please don't let it. If you need to take a jab, please take it, but stick around whatever you do. This board is the quickest road you have to reality so don't back up or turn around. No matter what anyone says, or even what you say, I just want you around, Little Sponge, where we can do you some good. Being around people who have traveled the road you are on can only help. Don't just bump down it alone. Remember the words of Ben Franklin, "Experience is a hard school, but a fool will have no other." This printing company you have chosen as your mediator is full of lies, past and present, learn it the easy way from those who have already been burned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit