Barb Anderson--Front Page of the Tenn. paper

by VeniceIT 51 Replies latest jw friends

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

HildaBingen says:

But my thoughts are based on what the Hebrew prophets and the Bible tells me. You may want me to go against my Christian conscience and God.

Hilda,
    Then how can you blindly accept as true anything printed by an organization which delibertly mis-quotes source material and then HIDES the very information needed to verify those quotes?

Please see the following pages for further information.

The Dishonesty of the "Should You Believe in the Trinity?" Booklet (Part 1) http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Parthenon/7831/booklet1.html

The Dishonesty of the "Should You Believe in the Trinity?" Booklet (Part 2) http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Parthenon/7831/booklet2.html

P.S. Frieda NEVER belonged to the Jehovah's Witnesses, so therefore is NOT an "Apostate" by Watchtower definition.

Frieda Landry's Home Page
    http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Parthenon/7831/

NewLight2

• SYN
    SYN

Grunt: Wow, nice post. This BlingBling person sure is bringing a lot of people outta the woodwork, isn't she? You really exposed her...thanks...

"If men were like their personal ads, they wouldn't need personal ads."

• gumby
    gumby

DR.."The Watchtower should embrace the changes advocated as it cleans up their headquarters and would show the world that they truly do make ever effort to be a morally clean organization.

And then what? What if they did?
    Would they now be a good organisation?
    Would this fix everything?

Also....the fact would still remain that the ONLY reason they would change in this regard is.....THEY WERE FORCED TO!

• Flip
    Flip

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Grunt said:

Hello Hilda,
    According to the Watchtower Society, Christ doesn't deal directly with you, but only through his "Channel" his "Brothers" the 144,000. All of your blessings will be "rendered" by them then applied to you. They will be blessed SO MUCH that it will overflow on you.

Hilda,
    To Learn more about what is REALLY taught by the WT, please read the following links.

Jehovah's Witnesses - Who is Your "Mediator?"
    http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Parthenon/7831/mediator.html

The 144,000, the Great Crowd and the Millennium
    http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Parthenon/7831/crowd.html

NewLight2

• blondie
    blondie

Not All Complaining Is Bad

Genesis 18
    20 And the LORD said, "(1) The outcry of Sodom and Gomorrah is indeed great, and their sin is exceedingly grave.
    21 "I will (2) go down now, and see if they have done entirely according to its outcry, which has come to Me; and if not, I will know."

Exodus 2
    23Years passed, and the king of Egypt died. But the Israelites still groaned beneath their burden of slavery. They cried out for help, and their pleas for deliverance rose up to God. 24God heard their cries and remembered his covenant promise to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Nehemiah 5
    Nehemiah Defends the Oppressed
    1About this time some of the men and their wives raised a cry of protest against their fellow Jews.

Ezekiel 9
    4 The LORD said to him, "Go through the midst of the city, even through the midst of Jerusalem, and put a (1) mark on the foreheads of the men who (2) sigh and groan over all the abominations which are being committed in its midst."

Acts 6
    Choosing of the Seven
    1 Now at this time while the (1) disciples were (2) increasing in number, a complaint arose on the part of the [1] (3) Hellenistic Jews against the native (4) Hebrews, because their (5) widows were being overlooked in (6) the daily serving of food.

1 Corinthians 1
    11My brothers, some from Chloe's household have informed me that there are quarrels among you.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Good Catch Nathan!!
    Things that make you go hummmmmmmmmm

All of this is so distrubing to me for years I lived, breathed, followed Everything the WTBTS said. Now all of their lies are being exposed, UN, changes blood policy.I just recently (last July) started investigating the "truth" after being inactive since 1990 because of being subjected to horrid acts within the org. Its like my whole foundation I had been standing on has been broken and I am falling into unknown territory. Its scary.

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

• Jeremy Bravo
    Jeremy Bravo

Nathan Natas,

If Junior Brown has no idea what Barbara told Dateline, how can he say that what she alleges is untrue?
    That's exactly what I wanted to know.....

SPIN-SPIN-SPIN

Ralph: "...and that's where I saw the leprechaun."
    Bart: "The leprechaun, hunh?"
    Ralph: "He told me to burn things."

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Grunt,

I was going to quote something from your post that was particularily good - but darn, boy! It's all good!

We're just all alone for a while with the reality of the vacuum we were living in - The Organization. Then we start again.

Freedom ain't so bad. Btw, tell your wife I said *hello* - perhaps she'll join us someday?

waiting

• Grunt
    Grunt

Hi Waiting,
    Thanks. Realizing that the Witnesses were teaching that Jesus was not everyone's mediator is the thing that pushed me over the edge and made me an active opponent. I had already stopped going out door to door because I couldn't push 1914 and the rest of the chronology. After reading an old book by Russell with his unique views on Pyramid measurements being related to the life of Christ and useful in predicting the future, I had lost faith in the Witnesses as being used by Jehovah as some kind of tool. Still I did think they were the CLOSEST thing to right. No trinity, no burning hell, no immortal soul, no clergy class (at that time or so I thought)no killing your fellow man for political reasons, right enough to keep my respect and for me to view them as being sincere. I just accepted that I was going to die but determined to live every minute with appreciation for it, to take each breath in deep and enjoy it. Then my cousin told me the stance they had on the mediatorship. I denied it. He got our the Watchtower and at that point I became a vocal denouncer of the Tower and its twisted Truth. To this day most Witnesses don't know about the real position on the mediator and they darn sure don't know what it is based on because like the 7000 Year Creative Day it is a product of New York City, not the Bible. Whew. I can't seem to stop. Forgive me.

Thanks again and no, my wife wishes I would stay off the boards and not be so openly against it. She hopes for a reapproachment with our little girl who lives an hour away and hasn't had us to her home in three years this June. My wife was never a Witness and had to put up with me being one, with all the crap that entailed, no Christmas, no birthdays or holidays, and yet she stood by me for years and now though never a Witness she is enduring my daughter's shunning and it breaks her heart. She is sick of all of it and just wants everyone to be normal and nice to one another. My daughter told her the night she slipped my personal little DF letter from her, that my wife and her relationship would not be affected, they would "Stay Close though letters and phone calls." Just bullshit of course.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit