Barb Anderson--Front Page of the Tenn. paper

by VeniceIT 51 Replies latest jw friends

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Respectfully there is nothing skewed wrt to Mr. Farkel's (aka Doug's) comments.

Farkel is point blank and correct on all accounts.

I get sick and tired of people like you slamming him and people like you just taking stuff out of context and re-writing it to make it sound ohh so beautiful.

If you want to support a bunch of guys who like to stuff their d__ks up kids a__es, well that is your business. But a few of us (like the majority of people in the world) don't like it one bit.

hawk

• Grunt
    Grunt

Hello again Hilda,
    Thanks for helping me out there. I think I understand your problem.
    You said,
    "The expression pretty much means (in a way) that language, like thought, ultimately fails when it comes to communicating meaning. There is a curious presence of absence when it comes to words, my friend."
    I disagree. The way you use it, it is confusing but I think that language does an admirable job of communicating meaning. I think words FILL that void you are skirting around. They sometimes have to be chosen like "Apples of Gold" but words do get the job done. Though there is a catch. There has to be some thought and a lot of honesty behind the words if they are to be beneficial. I think that language can soothe hearts that are grief stricken, take us on ethereal flights to places far above the normal range or we can go on words with beautiful ideas to a depth of soul that few ever plumb. I offer as proof these words, some of my favorites by the way:
    Tears, Idle Tears, I know not what they mean, Tears from the depths of some divine despair, Rise in the heart and gather to the eyes......Dear as remembered kisses after death, And sweet as those by hopeless fancy feigned, On lips that are for others; deep as love, Deep as first love, and wild with all regret; O Death in Life, the days that are no more!

Pinched from Tennyson, aren't they beautiful? No absence there, only a rich fullness that elevates us and helps us understand the mortal condition. I just read the whole poem, I hope you do.

Anyway, here are some more absence filling words, also some of my favorites because they hit a problem I have had with the Witnesses:
    Matthew chap.. 15...
    3 In reply he said to them: "Why is it YOU also overstep the commandment of God because of YOUR tradition? 4 For example, God said, 'Honor your father and your mother'; and, 'Let him that reviles father or mother end up in death.' 5 But YOU say, 'Whoever says to his father or mother: "Whatever I have by which you might get benefit from me is a gift dedicated to God," 6 he must not honor his father at all.' And so YOU have made the word of God invalid because of YOUR tradition. 7 YOU hypocrites, Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU, when he said, 8 'This people honors me with their lips, yet their heart is far removed from me. 9 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach commands of men as doctrines.'" 10 With that he called the crowd near and said to them: "Listen and get the sense of it: 11 Not what enters into [his] mouth defiles a man; but it is what proceeds out of [his] mouth that defiles a man."

Now, I am not trying to step on your toes here, Hilda, but you might pay especial attention to that last part. I think you have made a mistake in whom you chose as your Mediator. I don't know flip, but I choose to believe that Jesus is my mediator. You have accepted a bunch of old men in Brooklyn as yours. Hilda, these guys are not in touch with the real world. I know, I know, you said, "I leave the smart guys to figure out this dilemma, grunt." That is a bad idea, Hilda, they aren't that smart. They just try to use big words and oxymorons to appear smart. Appearances don't count for much, it is what is inside that counts. What men and women see don't matter, it is what is inside you that matters. I hope that you are here really trying to help, if so then I commend you and admire you for it. If all you are here for is to bandy words about, then I hope you will notice the last part of that passage above. It is what comes out of our mouths that counts, not what goes in, what comes out of our intestines gets flushed, what comes out of our mouth can ruin people, destroy families, even cause death. Make sure you listen as well as talk, and that you speak truth as you know it. Measure the people you trust with your spiritual life against the truths you know, that love is the rule and basis of the two great commandments, that there is ONE mediator between god and man, the man Jesus Christ, that any true prophet's words will come true; if they don't then don't fear them as they are NOT true prophets. The words I just spoke are true, they come from my heart and are meant to help you. They are not sarcasm nor are they just jabs and feints.

Sorry for so many words. Sometimes when I think of those I have loved and lost to the lies of the group you espouse, they are my only consolation, my only balm. I fear these words of Tennyson will be true in regards to some I have lost to the Tower you choose to elevate and serve......

Break, break, break,
    At the foot of they crags, O Sea!
    But the tender grace of a day that is dead
    Will never come back to me.

I lost my little girl to the cult you belong to. Many, many families have been divided over things that have nothing to do with the bible or any real sin. Look around, think about the damage done, the sins hidden, their real agenda. How many books do you think we need to study the bible? Do you really think shunning your parents because one of them is questioning the doctrines of these men in a building full of printing presses is a good idea, loving, scriptural????

Let me repeat Christ's words: "This people honors me with their lips, yet their heart is far removed from me. 9 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach commands of men as doctrines."

Can't you really see how well that fits them??? Think before you answer. You can figure this one out without any help. Thanks for replying.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit