• nancy drew
  • JustVisting
    JustVisting

very sad. I had just read his thread last night:

Fun Comparisons Redux

• cantleave
  • pontoon
    pontoon

When I first started reading JWnet Farkel's posts were some of the ones that kept me coming back. Thank you Mr. Farkel.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Saddened to hear of Farkel's passing.

A consistent mainstay on this forum for my entire tenure here.......and now he's gone. I appreciated his candor and the way he didn't decorate himself. No second guessing him.

You will be missed Doug.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• jeremiah18:5-10
    jeremiah18:5-10

Sad news for sure. Hate to lose valued members of the community. Condolences to all his friends and family.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Rest in Peace, Farkel.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I am so sorry he is passed on! I will miss him. But he is in Heaven I am convinced.

He helped so many take their blinders off .

Thanks Nathan for letting us know

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Sorry to hear.

I don't know if he invented the term but "Babylon the Grape" always brought a smile to my face.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I just heard this sad news. I am so very saddened. Farkel was one of the greats .May I quote from Terry's post,as always he says it far better than I

FARKEL was an iron man!
    He was heroic.
    He was a cocked pistol and an itchy trigger finger rolled into one.
    Farkel could eat you for breakfast if you crossed him in debate. But, he was a sweet, kind soul, and crackled with intelligence.
    (Terry)

Farkel's posts were inimitable.. I shall even miss his wacky avatar. Despite his ascerbic wit I think this conclusion to his own life story tells us a lot about the warm soul that lived within the man

Jehovah does love you unconditionally, and Jehovah would never destroy you for sincerely seeking answers to things which might be disturbing you and causing you unhappiness in your life. Trust in Him, not some flawed, man-made organization. Look to Him for answers. Then, with His help you can make your decision.(Farkel)

We have lost a genuine brother in arms and a creative musician .. May you Rest In Peace Farkel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit