New congregation accounting system

by thedog1 58 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wasblind
    wasblind

"You more or less keep sending in the funds you had previously used for morgage payments .

FYI , all circuits use this arrangement "_____James Jackson

.Wake up people

That would be against the law if a bank , savings and loan or credit union

forced you to make continued payments on a home or car

that would never belong to you

Are these Halls considered rentals to the congregations

that can end the lease at the end of the contract ?

or is this set up to milk the congregation indefinitely

• wasblind
    wasblind

Double post

• fifth.column
    fifth.column

Hello from France ! It is the same in France, it changed 18months ago, seee my previous post : http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/243341/1/France-no-more-local-bank-accounts-for-congregations

I still do not have all details on this new accounting system, I asked some questions but it was not well perceived... I think it is like TheDog1 explained.

Since that, what is strange is that we only know how much cash is given in the boxes. We have no idea of how much is given by checks (very common in France), because it is automatically sent to the national account.

But we still sometimes receive a letter of thanks from the branch, and in my congregation, the offerings dropped a lot since this new process !

I think we will have a special talk very soon...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

as a current Witness in good standing and an elder, it worries me deeply I was an elder....that's what woke me up and made me realise I was in a cult............and yes, the leaders just want money and power. Keep researching dawgie............all will become clear. You're on your way out. Good for you.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Well, they shouldn't be expecting any help from me. If I have any extra money to waste on this, I will sooner buy some more silver so I will have it in my own control. The last thing I need is for them to waste the money spreading LIE-bles into every country in the world, in every home in the world. And that's what is going to happen--any left after the pedophile defense fund has been drawn to fulfill all its needs. I will not donate to the Worldwide Damnation Fund.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

It has been done that way since 2011.

Say, 12,000 congregations in the USA. $1000 cash in the bank each excess, on average.

That is 12 million dollars that the WTBS puts in an account and draws interest on it.

$1000 would not gather interest on its own but 12 million would at a higher rate.

And the WTS keeps the interest. Afterall, the FDS is granted all of his belongings.

• suavojr
    suavojr

I am the Account Servant for my cong. and what ever extra we have we had to send it the WT. they currently hold a good amount from our local contributions and in case we need it we just go into the jw.org website and withdraw from the WT's account.

But the way you are explain it is that the local congos don't have any control over their donations, THAT IS INSANE!!

• 4thgen
    4thgen

Why all the excitement? We know the corporate desires come before the needs of the flock. Just more proof.

• thedog1
    thedog1

To suavojr,

I didn't mean to freak anyone out! But maybe, from what you say, it is easy to withdraw money from the account, so that they are really only just keeping the money in trust for the cong. But still, it seems to me to be a loss of local control of funds.

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

The "FDS" is obviously more adept with the master's material belongings, than with his spiritual things.

Matthew 25:14-28
    New International Version (NIV)
    The Parable of the Bags of Gold

14 “Again, it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted his wealth to them. 15 To one he gave five bags of gold, to another two bags, and to another one bag, [a] each according to his ability. Then he went on his journey. 16 The man who had received five bags of gold went at once and put his money to work and gained five bags more. 17 So also, the one with two bags of gold gained two more. 18 But the man who had received one bag went off, dug a hole in the ground and hid his master’s money.

19 “After a long time the master of those servants returned and settled accounts with them. 20 The man who had received five bags of gold brought the other five. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with five bags of gold. See, I have gained five more.’

21 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’

22 “The man with two bags of gold also came. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with two bags of gold; see, I have gained two more.’

23 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’

24 “Then the man who had received one bag of gold came. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed. 25 So I was afraid and went out and hid your gold in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.’

26 “His master replied, ‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? 27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.

28 “‘So take the bag of gold from him and give it to the one who has ten bags.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit