3 years of study, Just found out!

by impala63rag 137 Replies latest jw friends

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hello impala63rag, and welcome!

We are delighted that you have discovered something is wrong before it is far too late.

Those who studied with you may be sincere but their highest loyalty belongs to a particular sectarian religious organisation and denomination.

Unfortunately this forces them to bait-and-switch you.

You asked for the Bible and the "truth of the Good News", and their agenda was always ultimately religion.

It is no accident that most followers of the Watchtower call themselves "publishers of the Good News" but are unfamiliar with the "Good News" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms.

Effectively they do not believe in or teach "the truth of the Good News". Ironically though it can be found in their publications, but just not in their hearts or on their lips.

If you send me a PM (via the envelope icon top right of this page) I'd be happy to send you a 1-page summary of the "Good News" in the Watchtower library, which you can compare with the ignorance and blindness of those studying with you.

Maybe not all is lost.

You could ask them to study the "Good News" according to Paul with you, beginning in the book of Romans.

You could work with them to find and mark each occurrence of the phrase "Good News" in Romans (and the rest of Paul's books right through to Hebrews). This link may be of use: WOL.

On my journey I am learning that the highest possible level of spiritual maturity, fulfilment, consciousness, power and intelligence is attained by pursuing the unabridged, explicit and naked gospel (or Good News) to its zenith.

Best wishes on the journey.

Fernando

SEQ, Australia

PS - I identify as SBNR (Spiritual But Not Religious), non-sectarian, non-denominational, a follower of Jesus, and a person of faith (not religion).

• impala63rag
    impala63rag

"PS - I identify as SBNR (Spiritual But Not Religious), non-sectarian, non-denominational, a follower of Jesus, and a person of faith (not religion)."

I love this quote!

Thank you all for helping me get a bettter look under the hood before buying into this.

As for going to the KH to address my concerns... If they feel this way, it would be very insulting of me to question their beliefs. I would not attend a place of worship with ill-intent.

who and what is the faithful and discreet slave?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

who and what is the faithful and discreet slave?

Are you asking for an answer to this? If in three years your JW "[conditional] friends" have not talked about this, then you've been purposely hornschwaggled, my friend.

according to WT theology, you must know who the "faithful slave" is and align yourself with them to attain life (no mediatorship of Jesus required).

The "faithful slave" is the 8 members of the Governing Body of JWs.

(incidentally, this doctrine received a major overhaul last year, which in very real terms, means that what WT taught about the identity of the "faithful slave" for over 100 years was flat-out wrong!). The "faithful slave" was not able to identify itself and taught falsehood to JWs (and still is).

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

I might add that you picked a perfect article to start reading exactly WHAT the JW's are instructed to believe.

I was also drawn into Bible reading by the JW's. Like me, I believe you have been rescued by divine intervention. Your decision to go to the meeting, after 3 years of Bible study... and to get involved in a conversation that shook you enough to do some independent research. Amazing timing!

How many times has your friend had to "do some research and get back to you?"

To this day, I give credit to the JW's for leading me to a better way of life. My experience with them was enlightening and really challenged my views on the world. I *almost* became indoctrinated, but luckily my academic husband was here to protect me from my naive desire to please my new friends. I still think highly of them, and really have a compassion for them, as they do not realize their eyes are covered in scales.

Like you, my journey with the JW's has led me to a path of better understanding, and a closer relationship with God then ever before. I am sending you a private message. This is a personal journey, and I congratulate you for remaining AWAKE! Bravo and Praise God!

Another soul escapes indoctrination!!

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Someone just asked me for this link, regarding a comment I made in my post above. Not trying to hijack this post, but here is some evidence you might want to review. The "faithful and discreet slave" is a parable, found in Matthew 24:45-51. I will let you read it yourself and decide what it means.

The Watchtower tells the JWs that the Faitful and Discreet Slave (used to be defined as all annointed 144,000 Christians) is actually the 8 men who make up the Governing Body of the religion. The GB tells them what to believe, what to do, and constantly reminds them to "work harder" in their door-to-door preaching work (keeping them busy, and away from worldly influence and indedpent thought).

These instructions that come down to the JW people from New York, are the "meat in due season, the spiritual food" that Jehovah's people need, in order to survive in this time of the end.

Here is one example of the "lies" that the governing body is warning their people to ignore (this week) about Jehovah's chosen people:

http://jwsurvey.org/child-abuse-2/governing-body-stands-accused-by-district-attorney-in-oklahoma-child-abuse-case

You are clearly a smart and reasonable individual. I am like you, in that we no longer could go to the KH, after we knew the truth about the truth. We were attending the meetings to please our "friends," hoping it would start to make more sense. Instead, it turned out to be an organization founded on lies. We were not able to go back in good conscience... lying to our friends was not an option.

Our BS conductor came back and called us bad seeds, too busy chasing riches to seek Jehovah... nothing was farther from the truth. Sadly, his 77 years of indoctrination control his every thought, word and deed. He is such a kind and gentle man (except that one time he cornered my husband and told him to "start making some progress here, or sentence your entire family to death at Armageddon... there was THAT ... )

Good luck to you! (JWs are also not allowed to have good luck!! haha) ;)

• impala63rag
    impala63rag

"Are you asking for an answer to this? If in three years your JW "[conditional] friends" have not talked about this, then you've been purposely hornschwaggled, my friend."

I have never heard that phrase (faithful and discreet slave), the governing body, or dis-fellowshipping.

I knew that the JW couple did not watch movies that were not rated G, and didnt watch the news, but I thought that was a personal choice.

Even with all my political statements and (now thinking back - one sided) conversations about politics, they never mentioned anything about being politically nuetral.

I am a World of Warcraft player, and explained the game to him before. His responce was that he would not want to play a game that involved magic. I thought that was a little wierd, but to each his own. Now looking back I see the spiritism thing. also never told about spiritism.

I was never told that JW's were expected to believe the same thing.

I am still not sure about this one, but the 141 rules list says, if your a man you cant have long hair, facial hair or tattoos. I actually have a full beard, hair 3/4 of the way down my back and I am a tattoo artist.

• losingit
    losingit

Wish I had escaped it too. Good luck to.you now that you know the real deal. Live your life `and move away from anything JW.

• DATA-DOG
  • AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I have never heard that phrase (faithful and discreet slave), the governing body, or dis-fellowshipping.

-

The "faithful slave" doctrine is THE central doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses. Not mentioning this is akin to a Catholic teaching you Catholicism but never once mentioning The Pope.

There are many key concepts a person will not learn, or at least not understand, until after their baptism as a JW. But then it is too late. The JW couple studying with you are either astonishingly inept, or more likely, feel no need to be honest with you enough so that you make an informed decision about JWs.

I am a fourth generation JW, faded within the past few years. My advice: run as fast as you can in the opposite direction of JWs !!!!

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Your friends are also keeping track of every minute they spend with you, whether it is in Bible discussion or otherwise. They fill out a "field service report" each month, where they keep track of every good deed they do in support of the organization. Their status or "standing" within the congregation, depends on how much work they do. (this is the meaning in today's article, about those "unwilling to work.") How many times did you hear comments from the congregation, about their "preaching" efforts?

They are told to believe (and do believe) that the fact that they go out in the door-to-door preaching work, is proof that they are Jehovah's chosen people.

They claim to be the only ones "following Christ's commands," yet they do not feed the poor or love their neighbor (unless he is a JW or interested in listening to a JW... every minute you speak with a JW is tracked, so they can get their recognition from men. Read Matthew 6:1-6, to see what Jesus warned about this practice).

I am curious... how did the people at the KH react to you, when you visited last week? Men are not allowed to have long hair or beards.

Did you experience "love-bombing" as a new-comer, or did they treat you with suspicion?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit