I went to church today.

by quellycatface 15 Replies latest jw friends

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

And it was good!! Everyone dressed differently, some casually, some smart-a real mix.I would say there were 70 or so in attendance, all ages.nice atmosphere.ladies behind introduced themselves.young couple in front also.nice songs.toys for the kids.refreshments after.had a little chat with the lady vicar, she asked if I would come again.I felt welcome but not overwhelmed.Jesus focused more predominantly than at the Kh.I really enjoyed it.

• RunAsFastAsYouCan
    RunAsFastAsYouCan

why do jvv's crawl out of their skin to that idea?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Did you go to the restroom?

If so, do they have the One Towel Rule at that church?

Rub a Dub

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

They don't have a restroom.it's an old church.you have to tie a knot in it!!!!

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Awww.... Quelly, that's great! ...except for the bathroom part.

Out of curiousity, did you feel love bombed or just genuinely welcomed?

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Just welcome. The vicar also said and the start of her address that anyone visiting from another church to pass on the regards of our church. Nice. I noticed there was no "cliques", just normal. It was my first EVER mainstream church visit. Wow!!

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Sounds great! Good for you, giving it a try. What was the music like? Did you enjoy it?

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

The most well known one was Oil in my lamp, I bloody love that tune.the Sunday school kids did a turn, which was sweet.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

I love it when the kids get up and sing. At our previous church, my daughter (age 6) was in the "Kidz Choir." We recorded one of their performances, and my JW dad actually let us play it for them on his computer. My mother, sister, brother in law, niece and nephew all watched. As soon as it started, my brother in law left the room (which was a tiny computer room, that we would barely all fit inside).

After the middle of the 2nd song, my sister said, "Ok, that's enough..." and she left. My dad turned it off. We left a copy for them. My mom said it was cute.

They were not Christmas songs, nor were they songs about the trinity. I don't remember which songs they were, but nothing that shouted "false doctrine," at least not to my limited understanding of the JW's.

Later, when my sister called me and attempted to explain to me that it was HER decision to protect her children from me (not her husband's). When I presssed her about what apostasy and idolatry we were displaying, she said it was hard to explain to her kids, especially when we FORCED them to sit there and watch my daughter singing in front of a HUGE GLOWING CROSS!

Wow... It had come to the point, where I didn't even notice that up there, and I did not notice it in the video either.

Did this church have a big cross up behind the stage, and did it bother you? I admit, it bothered me for awhile, and I was never even a JW. The thing that made us leave that church, was the "watered-down gospel," and some hypocrisy of the preacher.

• humbled
    humbled

I am soo happy for you. Grab the Joy, Quelly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit