War over preparing for WT study

by cookiemaster 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The last Cong Book Study Group to which Sis Blues. was assigned was handled by a M/S . A nice guy really, but a complete plonker and he thought he knew a lot more than he did. He used to make sweeping statements about doctrine, not in the book, that were at best half true and often untrue.

That really wound her up and I would be charged with searching the c/d rom for the accurate comment , and she went back next week with a print of it and showed him - that made no difference. She complained to the elders who did not think that it mattered! (I kid you not ) The problem was solved when they cancelled the Group Study nights.....

• keynumber
    keynumber

just tell the brother you can't have the study at your on home anymore...If he asks why, dignify he and yourself and just say its a personal family circumstance.

The thing you better realize is if this 'unbalanced fanatic' moves on to 'greater responsibility' to say an elder, can you then imagine anyone sitting in HIS COMITTEE'? YOU HAVE A HANGMAN HERE. So if you tend to stay you have to play the game, don't show him your hand...This can be difficult if you have a personality that "will say it as it is". BE CAUTIOUS AS A SERPENT AND INNOCENT AS A DOVE.

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster

Keynumber thanks for the advice, it's really sound.

• committeechairman
    committeechairman

To the best of my knowledge, an arrangement like the one you describe is only sanctioned in the US Branch territory for a foreign-language group. The days of having a remote group start with the WT study is generally gone. Is this going on in the US? I may have missed it if you said so in previous posts.

In any case, the MS' behavior here is unacceptable. Most elders I know would never dare treat brothers and sisters in the way you describe. Folks that act like this don't qualify and should be removed. You should talk with the CO directly to explain what is happening to him. You're within your rights to do so.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I would, since you have spoken to him about some of the issues before and they are not corrected ( I believe you said that) then write it down to the elders and say that you can't have such a person invading your home for hours each week to insult your family. If you spoke to him about it already, you are within your 'rights' to go to the elders with this. (record a meeting if necessary)

My first (snarky)thought-get a thick black sharpie and go through the study and cross out all the false assumptions and stupid things that the WT put in there. Then he can't say you didn't "mark" it up.

First get him out of your home. Then its easier to miss meetings in the future.

Why don't all those poor people dying in Africa crossing crocodile infested rivers get to have a study group in their neighborhood rather than riskinng their livesfor a stupid meeting? OR maybe those guys are avoiding the power tripping MS in their own district-who knows?

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Hi cookiemaster:

Any updates? How goes the war?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Did the Watchtower pay you for your balls or did you just give them away?

You are responsible for allowing yourself to be abused.

You're an adult, not some naive kid.

Or did you want silentlambs or someone else to come running to your rescue?

Maybe next time you log-in you can tell us how you threw the asshole out of your house.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit